Jeanie and all in storms..How you holding up?

Big Poppa

Administrator
Jeanie is in OKla and it looks pretty bad there...

I hope all of you are survivng this storm system...Wasnt there supposed to be global warming?

HoDeDo

You know that the last cycle of global warming was just a lead in to the last ice age :)

We have friends in OK (tulsa and OKC) and they are getting the cold and wind... and ended up with around 12" of snow.... crazy weather for them!

We are -5 wind chills right now with about 16 inches of snow. 30-40 mph winds are making it hard to tell actual snowfall since we have waist high drifts in some places . tomorrow is 0 degrees with -17deg windchills...

Hope everyone else in this stuff is holding up!!! Any CHI-town folks got an update?

Big Poppa

Administrator
I was on the phone with Hasty Bake today and they had 36 inch snow drifts...they were wearing shorts and golfing on a 70 degree saturday

CarterQ

Craziness all around! Can't even imagine what this must be like, talked to my uncle who lives outside of Chicago earlier and he said everything was shutting down, they had pulled plows off the roads as it was too dangerous to keep working. He said there were 2 -3 ft snow drifts around his house and 45mph winds. Local news was basically saying stay inside and just ride it out. Hope you guys are all safe and your power stays on, this is just ugly!

jmeitz

i am smoking a pork butt as i type in the middle of a blizzard. Or at least thats what they deamed it for St. Louis. Nothing but Ice and Snow here. Some areas have 18".

squirtthecat

I'm an hour N of jmeitz. We had mostly sleet/freezing rain yesterday, and then a fair amount of snow drifted in last night. It's much much worse North and West of here. I work up in Springfield, and they had almost 15" of snow. (I stayed home again ;))

20110202073134.jpg

I moved the gasser up by the back garage door as well, but we only lost power for about 90 minutes or so. There is no way I could have lit it anyway.

TentHunter

Our immediate area got spared, somewhat, compared to other areas nearby. We didn't get as much snow as they thought, but we got a lot of freezing rain which has cause a lot of power line damage so many folks are without power. The Wal-Mart where my wife is a co-manager is without power, so they have a skeleton crew unloading all the freezers and coolers into refrigerated trucks (even though the building is without heat).

The wind is blowing fiercly now. I heard some ice fall off the house and onto the central air unit, so I better go check that out.

We're hanging in :), and I hope everyone else is safe.

sparky

wow, i hope ya'll and your families stay safe. does everyone there own 4 wheel drive cars. how do you get around in that. it must be hard. i moan about the cold and rain. thats way worst. stay safe my friends. :cool:

Deb

. does everyone there own 4 wheel drive cars. how do you get around in that. :cool:

in the Northeast it's a way of life and you learn to drive in it..... I think it was snowing the day I took my drivers test. I didn't have a 4wd until I was in my 30s.

We didn't get hit as hard as expected. I haven't been out but my husband says it's pretty icy out there.

Some of the schools around here are starting to cancel the kids vacations

cowgirl

Jeanie is in OKla and it looks pretty bad there...

I hope all of you are survivng this storm system...Wasnt there supposed to be global warming?

Thanks Sterling! I'm cold. lol
Making sure the cattle, horses and rest of the animals are protected, watered and fed isn't much fun. My water to the house froze this morning, then my heater quit.... I'm not complaining! Things could always be worse. :)
I do have heat and water now so I'm doing great!
Thanks again for asking.

TentHunter

Update for NE Ohio. We are now getting pounded with the snow we were suppose to get last night.

Last edited:

Deb

I think we are done for today. Snow predicted for Saturday and Monday. Hopefully neither will amount to much. There are roofs and buildings collapsing all over from weight of the snow and ice. I also just read that down by the coast that the basement flooding has started , I think it was just above freezing there.

Top Bottom