Beef Tenderloin anyone?

Deimatt

I am having trouble with the search option and was wondering does anyone have a good recipe for a Beef Tenderloin? I see there is one in the book and we will probably use that but didn't know if anyone has found something spectacular? Going to make one for little sandwhiches for the Superbowl along with some slabs :D:D

Big Poppa

Administrator
With tenderloin the trimming is essential...the shape is fat and skinny. ASome tie it up I trim off the skinny tail can cook from there. Just season it to taste and smoke at 250 until iut gets to 125 then take it off and rest while the cooker heats up to high and then sear for a minute on all sides and then rest.

Deimatt

JUST FYI..I did just as you said and it came out picture perfect. Though I didn't take a picture. That would of been hard though since it was immediately annihilated by everyone LOL..Thanks again! Hit it with some MAK Mesquite/Weber Chicago Steak and Garlic Olive oil. Tasted sooo good.

Rip

Glad to hear it came out well. Next time, fire up that camera and share, if nothing else, it keeps the family amused!

MAK DADDY

Looks like BP took care of you as usual :)
Have never cooked a beef one but keep eyeballing them at the store, after reading your post I will give it a shot!
Thanks for sharing.

nolesfan954

Next time if you want something a little different, try wrapping the tenderloin in a bacon weave...incredible! I found it easier to handle with the bacon weave by cutting the tenderloin into two pieces. That worked out well because part of my family likes medium rare, while the rest like it medium.

Top Bottom