Beef Ribs on the Memphis Pro

cowgirl

This was more of an experiment for me. :) The temperature warmed up to 32degrees yesterday and I wanted to see how the Pro handled the cold.

I brushed the ribs with bacon drippings, sprinkled with kosher salt and cracked black pepper...

002-9-1.jpg

warmed the Pro to 325...

007-6-1.jpg

I brushed one rack with some spicy Boot Kickin' sauce.

The Pro did great! Performed the same as if it were 75 degrees outside...

009-3-1.jpg

023-3-1.jpg

I was impressed with the Pro, it's nice to know I can use it year round with no problem. :)

061-5-1-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

TentHunter

Looks like the Memphis pro handled the cold rather nicely with its insulated double wall design.

But the better question would have been "How can Cliffy handle eating some of Jeanie's beef ribs in this cold weather?" :p

txpgapro

Awesome. But you aren't cooking enough. That MP is way to clean and shiny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cowgirl

lol Thanks friends! :D
I was very impressed with the way the Pro handled the cold weather ( a lot better than I did!)

lol Tx, you should see it close up. Looks a lot cleaner from a distance!
Thanks!

ht01us

For pork ribs, there are baby back, St. Louis cut, and spareribs; using different portions or overlapping portions of the ribs. It took me awhile to figure out what was what. How about with beef ribs? If I'm headed to the store, what do I look for.

TIA

cowgirl

Thank you Deb!

For pork ribs, there are baby back, St. Louis cut, and spareribs; using different portions or overlapping portions of the ribs. It took me awhile to figure out what was what. How about with beef ribs? If I'm headed to the store, what do I look for.

TIA
Howard, look for the meatiest beef ribs you can find. These were beef back ribs.
I like beef short ribs too but I cook them a bit differently. Good luck to you! :)

ht01us

You're welcome Howard! Looking forward to seeing pics (if you get the chance).

Will do. I've got way more ideas than time. Had hoped to cook this weekend but other things came up.
I'm thinking short ribs. Love the idea of bacon drippings instead of vegetable oil to help the rub

Top Bottom