About Kebobs (Kebabs?)

SisInLaw

So ... let's say one is having a party tomorrow (Arabian Nights theme) and wants to serve beef and chicken kebobs but not all at once. Let's say a person has six 3 lb. filets of beef and wants to somehow precook these, then closer to the last minute or perhaps in half hour waves, cut up the meat and whip up the kebabs of precooked veggies and serve--how would one go about doing this?

The meat should be served at about medium rare range. Don't kill me but the meat will be grilled on a gasser.

Big Poppa

Administrator
What you can do is pre cook them in the oven until its basicall done and then hit them on the gasser to give a little burn

Mr Hickory

Yes, cook most of the way then finish on the grill for the extra punch. I have done this myself and it works. Helps if you have them at the point that you can sear them with your preferred salt/spice rub. It makes a nice crust and is really yummy.

SisInLaw

Okay thanks guys. We cooked them low and slow, then finished on the grill. We used Roundup on the beef and Yardbird on the chicken. Everything was the BEST and all the guests were wowed. Much appreciated!

Top Bottom