To hell with trendy foodies

Big Poppa

Administrator
OK I am a foodie. But there is a difference. Here are some things that make a trendy foodie cringe.

I like Bacon. On anything. I am dreaming up a bacon and potato sourdough bread.
Pellet smoked bacon is without peer

The is nothing wrong with Ketchup. If you can find Tabasco's Ketchup it is ketchup nirvana.

Frenches mustard is essential

Biscuits are us Americans Baguettes. I like them. I love them with butter and texas pepper jelly

I think Philadelphia Cream Cheese is one of the worlds great cheeses.

Sausages. God made the bad cuts so we can have sausage.

Jimmy Dean was a gourmet.

I like a wedge salad. Iced cold...maytag blue cheese....MAK smoked bacon sliced sweet onion...1/2 blue cheese dressing half red wine dressing. Sorry for no tomatos

Salsa is a form of creative expression...smoked, simmered or fresh.

Mason williams long ago said "There are no empty bottles of Tabasco Sauce" NOt in my house. Love it, use it All flavors

I like American Cheese. Especially on Burgers.

Hot Dogs are good.

I dont eat anything sun dried. I have a smoker.

Ill add more to this,...feell free to toss in your comments.

cowgirl

I love this post BP. I'm the least food trendy person you'll ever meet. :)
I raise, hunt and process most of what I eat and absolutely love saltine crackers! lol

Thanks for the smile!

sparky

i have a thing for SPAM. i love it. maybe my time in hawaii. who knows? smoked spam, grilled spam, fried spam, cubed spam with salad, cubed spam with mac and cheese and about 25 more. my family hates it. good, more for me.

Candy Sue

I am not a finicky eater <period> I do, however, prefer French wine and moldy cheeses and for the last year or so I've developed a taste for sushi. I think I can blame that one on a sushi bar in Hammond, LA last year. I just like good food. I may try the trendy stuff, but I'll not eat it with my pinky finger in the air!

KimG SOW

I'm a sucker for GOOD breads. Love to put a little olive oil on it and toast it to perfection. My MIL's cornbread recipe has become my all-time favorite.

Love great comfort soups. Kaylin's favorite is my Chicken Noodle Soup, which she can eat 2-3 bowls full!

Lauren's favorite is Chicken Fried Steak. She asks for that almost every week. She gets it maybe once a month.

CarterQ

Cheeseburger sliders
Tater Tots
Jalapeno poppers
Carlo Rossi Hearty Burgundy served in a tin coffee cup

Last edited:

squirtthecat

Here is a local (Springfield, IL) favorite that makes trendy foodies and cardiologists cringe...

I give you - The Horseshoe.

20101108115602.jpg

From the bottom up... Texas toast. 1/4 (more like 1/2) pound of meat, this was corned beef. Huge pile of fries and a heavy coating of a special white cheese sauce.

We also claim to have invented the corn dog. Precursor to all things battered and fried on a stick.

20101004140851.jpg

Big Poppa

Administrator
Yeah Corn Dogs Fair food!

How about a little box of Cracker Jacks to know the edge off.....maybe a little ice cream drumstick as a chaser

Top Bottom