Mak 4 Star

bigchrisxxxl

Any new surprises planned for the 3 Star? Will it have a larger flame zone? Will it produce more smoke? Can you share a picture of the prototype? What can you share?

Thanks,

Bigchrisxxxl

Big Poppa

Administrator
Have you hacked into my email? I cant tell you anything except for it is the mother, father , grandma, grandpa and supermodel of all pellet cookers.

MAK DADDY

Have you hacked into my email? I cant tell you anything except for it is the mother, father , grandma, grandpa and supermodel of all pellet cookers.

Yeah what he said :)
With the 3 Star you are guaranteed to run faster and jump higher than any kid alive LOL.

All kidding aside, we are still in the proto stage and have a lot of work to do before sharing it with the world.
Like I have said before MAK is always worth the wait :)

Big Poppa

Administrator
I dont want to rub it in or anything but I have pics of the proto..

Bob consider this an order for three for me.

jimsbarbecue

I guess the MAK 3 Star is showing up at shows.
IMAG0025.jpg

CarterQ

Wow, that thing is huge, looks like a couple of 2 stars fused together. Beautiful on the outside, should be interesting to learn all the details about the inside!

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Administrator
OK Since it is out I can now tell you a little more....

The MAK Three Star is 1,000 inches of smoking goodness....wait....with the optional half shelf 1,500"....but theres more! hahaha with the full shelf you get a total of 2,000 inches. THere will be the option of having the searing zone across the entire cooker, half of the cooker or none at all. It will have two fireboxes. In this pic it shows two Pellet Bosses....on the production there will be one....but it will
control both fire pots...You will have the option of running different temps on each fire pot. Lets say one on smoke and the other 225 or any combo you like....There is a very interesting thermocouble system that we wont tell you about yet but I think you smokers out there that are concumed with internal temps will be overjoyed. It is 304 stainless and double walled.

The retail price will be between $4,500 and $5,000

smoker pete

Two independently controlled fireboxes ... Sweet. You mention an example of one on smoke and the other at 225º. The question I have is what kind of separation is there between the two fireboxes since I might want to smoke something on one firebox, tweak the temp as desired, etc. while on the second firebox I might want to cook something at a much higher temp, etc but without the smoke.

Hope my question is clear enough. Bottom line - with the 3 Star would I be able to use it as one large cooking surface and/or 2 completely independent cooking chambers? Does the 3 Star have 1 pellet chamber or 2 pellet chambers?

Two pellet chambers, therefore allowing you to use 2 different pellet flavors and 2 different temperatures while cooking different types of meats would be really cool as long as there is a way to isolate the 2 cooking chambers.

jmeitz

thats a thing of beauty but wow, 5k for a grill? Interested in hearing about the dual pot and why you would have one at one temp and another at what ever. Is that a 50 x 20 cooking area?

Last edited:

smoker pete

thats a thing of beauty but wow, 5k for a grill? Interested in hearing about the dual pot and why you would have one at one temp and another at what ever. Is that a 50 x 20 cooking area?

The reason I would want dual cooking temps is to have the ability to cook different meats for a party. For example: I could cook some Pulled Pork at 225º using Hickory while at the appropriate time smoke some yardbirds with Pecan for an hour or two and then bump it up to 350º to finish them off.

For me it would really be cool if the 3 Star were able to give me that kind of control. Course, as I mentioned before, the 3 Star would need to have the ability to compartmentalize itself to truly keep the fireboxes separate and/or just provide one big cooking surface.

CarterQ

thats a thing of beauty but wow, 5k for a grill?

It's all relative, some people would say the same thing about paying 2,500 for a grill that is less than half the size. If it does more than 2 well made pellet grills in a single package then it's easily justifiable to folks who love to cook and need a large top of the line grill. I think you will be surprised at how many people will want something like this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom