BIg Poppa's Super Bowl Cook #3 Appetizers

Big Poppa

Administrator
Did a version of Moink Balls...and some Pig Candy! There is not a soul on earth that wouldnt like Pig Candy.... even Vegitarians
For the Moink Balls I started with some Aidells Chicken Pineapple Meatballs from Costco. Then I had some super thick Allen Brothers Bacon that my son sent me. Wrapped the bacon around the meatballs...seasoned with 3 Eyez Rub and sprinkled a little brown sugar and chipotle mixture and put it on the MAK One Star at 300 until the bacon was nice and good aoubt 60-70 minutes at 300 degrees

At the same time I took the bacon trimmings and made Pig Candy....Simply Mix about a tablespoon into a cup of brown sugar and coat well and let it go for about 60-70 minutes too.... Baste the Moink Balls with your favorite sauce. On the Pig Candy the bacon will still feel slightly limp and soft but it firms up cooling. Frogmats work great for this dish too.
P1000435.jpg

P1000436.jpg

P1000439.jpg

P1000452.jpg

P1000450.jpg

sparky

never had pig candy before. just bacon drippings and brown sugar mixed and then put on bacon. wow. sounds like another stroke. pig candy and eggs? now that sounds good.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Spark you dont put drippings on it the bacon takes care of that just put abpout 1/4 inch of the Brown Sugar and chipotle

Deb

Looks great. I have never had pig candy either, might have to do something about that.

sparky

how soon do you put the brown sugar / chipotle on? when the bacon is almost done or right from the beginning of the cook? i was thinking brown sugar / chipotle / 3eyz on a whole pound of thick cut bacon. you could probably eat the whole pound of bacon. heh, what about pig candy cut up and put on a salad? wow, that sounds great. oh, pig candy on hamburgers too. need to get to costco after work tomorrow.

KimG SOW

how soon do you put the brown sugar / chipotle on? when the bacon is almost done or right from the beginning of the cook? i was thinking brown sugar / chipotle / 3eyz on a whole pound of thick cut bacon. you could probably eat the whole pound of bacon. heh, what about pig candy cut up and put on a salad? wow, that sounds great. oh, pig candy on hamburgers too. need to get to costco after work tomorrow.

For a a pound of bacon start out with 1/2 cup of brown sugar to 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne/chipotle/rub. If you like it spicier then add more. Put the mixture on both side of the raw bacon and then smoke or bake.

HEAVEN!!!!

Top Bottom