Big Poppa's Super Bowl Cook # 4 Chicken

Big Poppa

Administrator
Ok did a little spatchcock chicken and some really good thighs.

For the Spatchcock Heat the MAK 2 star to 300. Cut the backbone out Coat lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with 3 Eyes Rub. Cook until internal of 165 Separate the legs/thigh compbo and the wings and then quarter the breats. I hek pthese in a Le Crueset pan with cover and they held nicely
P1000445.jpg

NOtice how careless t I am with the chicken? THe pic looks like uneven seasoning but it wasnt. It doesnt matter at this point...
P1000458.jpg

P1000459.jpg

For the thighs I trimmed them a little but not to comp level.
Lit the Meaqdow Creek and let it get super hot. The Meadow Creek Chicken Cookers are just unreal. You put the chicken in this stainless steel sanwhich and turn all the pieces at once. It is super hot and fast...these thighs were done in 18 minutes.
I vacuum marinated and tumbled the chicken with a jar of Soy Vey Island Teriyaki and the juice of half an orange. Coated them with Big Popps Desert Gold.
Cooked them for 6 minutes on the skin side and 12 minutes on the back side.
P1000432.jpg

P1000433.jpg

P1000456.jpg

P1000457.jpg

sparky

did you get to watch the game or were you cooking the entire time? food looks excellent has always partner. still waiting for us and gang for the invite. wouldn't it be nice to sit across the table from cowgirl, deb, scotter, tentH, squirtycat, art, carter and the rest of us. you could cook for us. i'm liken it. :cool:

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Administrator
I actually finished the food at the kickoff and thought I could serve but the boss made me hold it umtil after halftime It held very well...I dont wear the pants obviously

Top Bottom