Superbowl Chicken wings

CarterQ

Did a bunch of apps for the Superbowl, and one of them was wings. I apologize for the lack of photos as we had others helping serve and pictures weren't the priority, hungry guests were!

Did 4 flavors of chicken wings: BBQ using 3 eyes rub and MAK Smokin Whiskey sauce, Traditional Buffalo style with Suzie Q's rub and Franks Red Hot Sauce, Jamaican Jerk using Plowboys The Jerk rub, and then a garlic lemon herb marinaded wing (Insert Californian jokes here :p )

29799172.jpg

57421b4b.jpg

59dd175d.jpg

Onto the grill, as you can see we had a lot going on, and for anyone who thinks a MAK isn't big enough we had 5lbs of wings, 2 racks of ribs, meatballs (another post), and bratwurst all going at once

802d1b72.jpg

dbaefaa0.jpg

Served up.

6cd12669.jpg

All were great but the runaway hit was the Jamaican Jerk flavor. The Plowboys Jerk Seasoning is flat out good, and I got nothing but compliments. Definitely got the gears turning and I can't wait to try it on some other things.

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Administrator
Carter try the recipe on the Pepper plant garlic hot sauce...killer....Todd does a recipe with pineapple concentrate and jerk seasoning

Rip

Looks great Carter! So glad you are posting your SB cooks, was missing them with you being the judge. My family says I have perfected wings in the deep fryer (been doing them for years) and they weren't interested in me smoking them for the SB...I will say the wings are the first to disappear when I spatchcock a chicken...you have given me some great ideas for winning them over.

cowgirl

Looks fantastic Carter!! I've not tried any of the seasonings you mention. I'll definately look for some of the Plowboys. Thanks!

TentHunter

Man, look at all that food! Wings, meatball sliders, wings, sausages, wings, ribs and... oh look, more wings!

Awesome. I've been craving Jerk chicken; I bet they were really good!

Top Bottom