Superbowl Meatball Sliders

CarterQ

Wife saw these on TV and so we decided to give them a try.

Here we go

Ground up some pork (store ground pork was way too lean)

85b2c5b2.jpg

Fresh Italian sausage

d3222bfd.jpg

All mixed in with some parmesean, fresh parsley, eggs, panko bread crumbs, and garlic

1a8783a2.jpg

Shaped into 2 inch meatballs and then pressed a little flat to work on a bun

9efe08e2.jpg

Onto the MAK for about an hour and half @275
30f78a88.jpg

Ready to go

fb76b594.jpg

Dump the meatballs into the homemade sauce and simmer until halftime

4fcc405d.jpg

Served on buns with fresh shaved parmesean on top (sorry for the photos here, friends wife was taking these while they were getting ready to serve. She wasn't understanding why we take pictures of the food before serving so she mailed in the photo shoot)

9a53e6c3.jpg

59a5513a.jpg

These were killer and i will definitely be doing them again, just next time I will use better bread and take the money shots myself :D

TentHunter

I like those - Great idea!

Carter, you mentioned better buns for next time. I don't know about you guys, but I have a really hard time finding slider buns around here. Nobody seems to carry them as a normal item. So to get something decent I improvise by getting the mini sub buns and cut them in half, or I'll get dinner rolls and slice them. Both seem to work well for sliders.

Big Poppa

Administrator
What kind of a woman doesnt understand the value of pic taking of food? Doesnt everyone do it? Those who dont must be sick. I love the simmering in the sauce idea

Rip

Looks great Carter! Yeah Tent, dinner rolls are what we have to use for sliders around here.

As far as the pics go...the family still teases, but nobody complains (unless I say I'm not taking pics)....letting guest take the shots, that is brave! :)

cowgirl

Oh wow...those look excellent Carter! Your ingredients sound tasty, I'll add this to my to-do list. Thanks! :)

Top Bottom