After Several long months... (sorry long post!)

HoDeDo

Our efforts are finally coming to fruition!

First, our new website is LIVE!!! Our old site was essentially a set of static pages... like an online brochure. We now have all the functionality I have been wanting. blog, embedded video/media capability, class brochure downloads and inquiry, you name it, it's there!! I'd love some feedback... check it out and let me know what you think! (www.smokeonwheels.com)

Second, our marinades are coming to market! We've run test batches, pilot commercial runs, Nutritional fact panels, you name it... and the day is finally here. I hope to pick up the first 100 gallons of each today!! Pics of the newborns coming. Fraternal twins in 16oz bottles :)

I'm so excited I almost can't contain myself. Now, I am ready for the season to kick off. No BBQ "off season" this year, so burnout was coming close to setting in... but getting to help out BP with the CLB bash, and seeing the impact that foundation has, and getting some our goals drug across the finish line... I am charged up!!! :cool:

Had to share, because it couldnt have happened without support and encouragement from all our BBQ friends. A PM of thanks for a helpful post, input here or there, or just a hello...really helped me keep the chains moving toward the goal line.

Home stretch for a busy winter is here: Winter Que this weekend, with a great friend who returned from his last tour overseas in late Dec., then the Kookers Kare winter funfest Fundraiser next weekend... then bring on March (Spring!!!!)

Alot of blessings have been shared with us over the last few years, so can't wait to see what 2011 has in store.

Rip

Andy, Thanks for the update! You and Kim bring a wealth of knowledge to this forum and allow us peeks into the Competition world. I'm looking forward to checking out your new website (when I get off work).

Big Poppa

Administrator
Work? Rip dont ruin your playboy image....airplanes cookers....

Andy...Its hard to believe that I bought my first pellet smoker in April 2009. Before that I didnt think that i liked smoked food as it was usually liquid smoke or oversmoke. From there I made some videos...then a store and then a team and then a forum. Why? Because I felt that I might be able to help some people achieve a little success in ourdoor cooking. Not that Im wolfgang Puck but from going to BBQ's at other peoples houses i learned that they usually suck.....and that these cookouts were actually stressful for the host who had the tongs because he was the man.

The side benefit to this ramble and recounting my fast journey is that has turned out to be the biggest benefit. The people. I have met wonderful people like you and your very much better half. All of my imaginary friends on here and fb.....The people at the comps. This is a great passion and hobby and I'm glad I found it.

Now on to the marinades....When do we get to sell some? You know that Big Poppa Smokers will get behind it big time!

CarterQ

New website looks great, and can't wait to give those marinades a whirl. Thanks for being a part of this community and sharing your knowledge and insight. It makes us backyard hacks feel special to rub virtual elbows with some of the cool people of the professional BBQ world.

HoDeDo

BP, I hear you and Kim are already putting plans together. :)

Thanks Carter - BP summed it up though. We do what we do because of the people. plain and simple. I've gotten so much more from the experience than I could ever imagine. The amazing part is I can walk into a place I haven't been in 10 years, and the connections are still there. Food, BBQ can definitely create a bond, and cement lifetime relationships. The stories could take weeks. I'm humbled by it all. Just glad to have the opportunity to make an impact.

SisInLaw

We used your Yardbird on chicken breasts for our party last Saturday night and it was a hit. Can't wait for the marinades!

HoDeDo

Thanks, still working on content, etc... and I have some feedback trying to get deployed, so appreciate the kudos!

Top Bottom