Moink Balls in Grape Jelly BBQ Sauce

TentHunter

I'm sure most of you have had those great crockpot meatballs in a sauce of grape jelly & Heinze Chili Sauce. Well, here's a twist on that now classic recipe.

I started by mixing up some homemade meatballs using Ground Beef, fresh bread crumbs, minced onion, sea salt, pepper, parsley flakes and an egg. The meatballs were then wrapped in some thick sliced bacon. A few meatballs were left unwrapped.
MB03.JPG

A foil packet with Hickory pellets was made and placed in the grill along with the Moink Balls.
MB04.JPG

Earlier that day I stuffed some homemade Andouille sausage into casings and had a little left over. My 15 year old daughter made up a batch of poppers & used the leftover Andouille sausage on them so they were kind of like ABT Poppers. Wow, were they ever good!

While they smoked I made the sauce. Only, instead of using Heinz Chili Sauce I used some tangy homemade BBQ sauce & minced onion with the grape jelly.
MB05.JPG

After nearly an hour of smoking, the moink balls were placed in the sauce and served up piping hot. They were smoky, sweet, tangy and moist.
MB06.JPG

Kudos to my daughter for the great ABT poppers!

Thanks, I hope you enjoy!

Top Bottom