Mak probes

drake

Getting ready to receive my Mak 2 star. I believe it is only gonna come w/ the 1 probe. What are my options for the other 2 probes? I want something that will not breakdown under the high heat when searing. I already have a Maverick, which I like and am probably gonna get a couple of BP's new probes. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

MAK DADDY

Yes, it will only ship with one probe at no charge. The MAK M1 Armored probes are not yet available to purchase but will be a great option later on.
BP sells the high heat Maverick probes if you like those but they will not work in the Pellet Boss control.
Welcome to the growing MAK family :)

nolesfan954

I have a redi-check meat thermometer I got at Target years ago. I've used it in my oven for a long time when roasting rib roasts, turkeys, etc. Because it's made for oven use while the actual monitor sits on the counter, the probe has a long enough "cord" to work with the MAK. The plug fits my MAK 2-star...used it last week to monitor a pork shoulder while the probe that came with the MAK was monitoring a brisket. It's a little pricey, but since it has double use, it might be worth your while. I recommend it....
meat thermometers : Target Search Results

Top Bottom