1 Star - Flame Zone?

MAK DADDY

Yes, we are in the testing phase on it, I don't have a pricing structure done yet.
Currently building prototypes of the searing grate and the griddle for the 1 Star.
We have the upper grill grates (half and full) ready too, just ask BP or Jessie.

bigchrisxxxl

Any Chance of a pan with a bigger flame zone on the 2 star

How many folks out there using the searing grate for there primary grilling surface on both sides?

ht01us

How many folks out there using the searing grate for there primary grilling surface on both sides?

I've not done a lot of grilling on my 2 Star yet; but I don't plan on using searing grates on both sides. I think having the sear grates on the left and "normal" grates on the right would do a better job of creating 2 zone cooking areas. Sear on the left then slide over to the right for finishing (or vice versa if you are doing a reverse sear). That's my thought based on my limited experience.

jimsbarbecue

Larger Flame Zone

I just returned the prototype to MAK. It doesn't have a bigger flame zone. The whole pit is a flame zone! So you can and I have used two searing grates at the same time. Which means you can load up the entire grill with burgers or steaks and have a feast.
MAK Daddy did mention he may be MAKing cover(s) for the flame zone. Don't know if it will cover all with one or there will be two. With one covering a third and the other cover covering two thirds that would allow varying the size of flame zone you use.

Just so you know my part of the testing we went through over 40 pounds of pellets. As Harry Soo calls it "Brute force testing". Cooking food came at the end of the temp test cycles at days end. The lowest temps I could test in was the low 20's and it worked fine.Having the Pellet Boss Remote was a life saver in these tests.Not to bore you with details,just so you know we didn't cook a few things and call it good! there was drilling cutting and Tig welding, plasma cutting, grinding going on.

We presently have both the flame zone drip pan that comes with the MAK and a blank drip pan for both our MAK Grills.when this is available I will be buying one.
I am sure it will be available on Big Poppa's Smokers.

bigchrisxxxl

Full Pit Flame Zone?

Just to be clear, you are saying you tested a full pit flame zone? If that is what I heard sign me up? I like the concept of two covers so I can vary the size that I need for the flame zone. This would probably be enough to push my brother over the top of purchasing is Mak 2 star. It would also be enough to get my sister in law pissed at me, which is even better.

MAK DADDY

Yep you heard it correctly! This will be an accessory for both the 1 and 2 star current models.

A Huge thanks to Jim and all his super hard work and outstanding feedback!

MAK DADDY

The pan will come with a cover pan that creates an all indirect surface covering the entire flame zone for smoking and baking. You can use your existing flame zone cover to block off partials, and buy another one or two if you want more flexibility. There is also a new heat diffuser for this new flame zone pan that must be used. I don't have a time frame just yet but should be ready within a couple months.

As always we try really hard to have all of our new innovative products retro fit back wards to existing grill owners, so current grill owners can use this too :)

jimsbarbecue

Didn't even think of using two flame covers. That way you could pick the middle to be the flame zone third if so desired. That's why your the MAK Daddy!

Big Poppa

Administrator
They also get everybody excited over a product too soon....Patience will be required but Im looking foreward to theses bad boys

jimsbarbecue

Now shoppers thinking or a new MAK have another reason to pull the trigger. What I like about a MAK is you don't have to worry if you buy a 2 star today that next years models you wish you waited for. Because The accesories fit all MAKs ever made.

Top Bottom