My name is Fireman and I am now a pellet smoker

Fireman

My gas grill was on it's last leg after 10 plus years of great grilling. I have had interest in a smoker and stumbled on the Trager at my local Costco. I pulled the trigger and bought the 075 Texas. I have tried a few things on it and still have a lot to learn, I came across this forum and think you all can help me make perfect the art of smoking/BBQing. So far the best thing was the beer can chicken out of the Traeger book it was moist, tender and very tasty. My salmon and turkey breast can out a little dry. So tomorrow I want to do a couple of racks of Baby Backs. I have cherry, hickory, apple and misquite pellets. I'm a Firefighter (Battalion Chief) and a pretty good chef in the kitchen but this smoker is a whole new thing for me. Any suggestions I can get will be appreciated. Looking forward to participating in this great forum. Thanks,

folha

Welcome, from Utah! I've been smoking on a Traeger myself for over a year now and I think you'll find that it's a great purchase.

Big Poppa

Administrator
FIreman watch some of my cooking videos as a starter. There are also some great recipes in the grilling gallery....stick around and enter some of the contests!

CarterQ

Welcome aboard Fireman, first off a big thank you to guys like you who put it on the line for us all! You have come to right place to become one with your smoker, Follow BP's advice and check out the videos, they are a good and tasty starting point. Ask lots of questions and share lots of pictures and the rest will fall into place.

So Cal Smoker

Welcome to the forum Fireman. Take a look at BPs video on Spachcock chicken, you will love it, easy to do and the best chicken you ever ate. Good luck and Good smoking.

Top Bottom