1st Cook on #336

sparky

Pork Fat Rules
here we go,
P2090037.jpg

set her up at 275º
P2090039.jpg

she smokes alot at 275º. didn't expect that.
P2090018.jpg

P2090043.jpg

were done
P2090044.jpg

had to pick the mrs up, so i set her to 200 and put the bacon here,
P2090047.jpg

and this is was we made,
P2090049.jpg

with some mac and cheese for dinner,
P2090050.jpg

the Mak did great. love her. :cool:

Mr Hickory

That's great!, your 336, I'm 337!

Did my first cook tonight ever on a smoker of any kind, so I made a "wood fired" pizza. Figrured I should keep it simple. Worked great and tasted fantastic. :eek:

jimsbarbecue

I forgot how clean they look when new. Ours are that dark brown leaning towards black inside. I found to sweep out the MAK I got a cheap hand broom cut off the handle and the size is then right for easy cleaning. Couldn't find a whisk style small enough. I vacuum out every few months at best, the broom with the ash door works so well

CarterQ

Awesome Spark! I'm with Jim, soon you'll be looking back at these pics and you'll be amazed at how clean and shiny your baby was! Just remember if it isn't dirty it isn't getting enough love. Congrats brother can't wait to see what you crank out with that MAK!

Rip

Aaaaaand he's off! I'd start a pool for the date of the first rib cook....but it might already be too late :D Go Sparky!! :cool:

sparky

first rib cook is going to be saturday afternoon. put i am thinking.....maybe a fattie is in store. got off work early and its only 27º outside. let's see how #336 is going to do in the cold.

KyNola

Spark,
I can tell you exactly how 336 is going to do in the cold. She won't even flinch. You just tell her where you want her to go temp wise and she will more than willingly oblige. Congrats on your new purchase. You're going to love it!

squirtthecat

Ditto what KyNola says. I've run my MAK when it was 7°. Grill doesn't care... Not very pleasant for the griller, though.

Just make sure you've got plenty of pellets on hand!

Rip

its only 27º outside. let's see how #336 is going to do in the cold.

I'm not worried about #336 either, I am a little concerned about you though...(I've been assured you guys wear shorts year round)...might want to double up on the FT's...and use a coozie to help keep your hand from getting cold, there good for that too! :D. (oh wait, is this a NoCal - SoCal difference?)

Top Bottom