Question on the MAK Searing grate

TTNuge

Is there any worry about high temps with the hard anodized teflon? I know there was talk of temp restrictions with Teflon like on the blank drip pan and I wasn't sure if this process was a bit different and you don't have to worry about the high temps.

Love the new accessories, keep em coming.

Trent

MAK DADDY

No worries, it's not traditional Teflon like a frying pan (which is what we used on that test grease pan) the coating is Hard Anodize with Teflon impregnated into it.
Basically it just helps the non stick part a little bit but it is made for high temps. Like all coatings it will wear down over time especially for those who scrub it clean constantly, hmmm I wonder who that would be :)
We talked about not coating it at all but it just doesn't look as pretty :)
Seriously though, you can't wire brush it only soft cloth with soap and water if you so desire. You could try the dishwasher but I am not responsible for what your wife will do to you!
Down the road if you decide you want it coated again just send it back to me and I will have it done for a small fee.

sparky

more excellent customer service. we all need to go up to oregon and have a picnic up at bob's place. thanksgiving to soon. break out the horseshoe pit....

Top Bottom