My name is Larry (Utah Jake) and I'm a Pellet Smoker

Utah Jake

I'm a retired locomotive electrician living in Salt Lake City, Utah. I've been cooking with pellets since Traeger came out with their first grill. This looked like a regular gas grill but it had a flat bed of lava rock with the fire pot under a metal tray. I have owned Traegers: (1) SMK200, (1) COM200, (5) 075 (1) 070 and a Pink Pig. I now use an FEC100 and just bought the Traeger Junior (055) for camping.
My other hobbies are Dutch oven and ham radio. I am a Managing Member of the Utah BBQ Association and a KCBS CBJ.

Utah Jake

I'm trying to find a picture. We used a thing called photographic film back then so it doesn't do me any good to look in Light Room. As I recall, I bought it at the Portland Co-op in 1988. I'll keep looking.

Shirtski

Type of pellets

Hi My name is Steve (Shirtski) and I am a pellet smoker!

Utah Jake,

Good to know there are other P-smokers in Utah.

I am in Northern Utah and was wondering what type of pellets you are using? I ordered a couple bags from "cookingpellets.com", really like them but shipping is a killer. Do you know of any Utah dealers to get pellets other than traeger?

Rip

Welcome to the forum Shirtski! The sponsor of this forum, BigPoppaSmokers.com, carries BBQ'ers delight brand pellets...highly recommended! As the sponsor, BPS requests we don't discuss other vendors of products he carries. See Rules of the Road

sparky

welcome utah jake. its me sparky for northern california. this is a cool place to hang out. most are good cooks, some are better looking than others. we won't mention names. lol. i want to see pictures of trains plz. :cool:

Top Bottom