Two things

Mr Hickory

First, since I am new to this whole pellet smoking thing, I just want to make sure that not seeing even a whisp of smoke from the grill for the first 20 minutes is normal.

Second...call me a moron if you choose, but how in the #$@#$ do you post pictures here? I have tried every combination of things I can find, and I can't get anything to show up.

The insert picture button asks for a URL and has no browse button so I can upload. Have I completely missed something?

Any instructions would be calming.:eek:

Big Poppa

Administrator
NO the smoke will come and in a big amount....

Try getting a photobucket account click on the img code and then paste it in your message box

HoDeDo

Under advanced, you can add an attachment, and that works, but putting the pictures in a photobucket, picasa, or similar account makes it much easier then you can cut and paste a URL to the hosted pic, and it will show up fine.

And it will not smoke until the hot rod/hot air gets the pellets to a temp they will smolder. At that point you will get alot of smoke, until the point the pellets are hot enough to combust, then you will just have light whisps of smoke when the fuel is added, while it is catching.

You are getting smoke it is just very light, and clean. No extra water vapor in the pellets like reg. wood... very dry, clean source, with metered air = nice clean smoke

MAK DADDY

First, since I am new to this whole pellet smoking thing, I just want to make sure that not seeing even a whisp of smoke from the grill for the first 20 minutes is normal.

When the grill is new (or you run it completely dry) it takes about 2 to 3 ignition cycles to get the pellets to the fire pot.
We changed the ignition cycle time on the latest program version from 4 minutes to 6 minutes to give the igniter a little more time to get red hot before dumping more pellets on top of it.

Hope that helps, you can always call us or email with questions.
Bob

HoDeDo

I love it when andy describes smoke....sort of a zen mountainn air world peace kind of vibe! hahahaha
as long as I dont need to be in lotus position or something like that to get my mountainaire smoke zen. :) LOL

Cooker placement on the deck does meet Feng Shui principals :rolleyes:

hehe

Top Bottom