Turkey Pastrami on Beer Bread

cowgirl

For the turkey pastrami I mix..
5 cloves of garlic minced
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1/3 cup of paprika
2 TBS cracked black pepper
1 tsp of powdered ginger (I used fresh minced)
1 tsp of mustard seeds
1/4 cup of kosher salt
and 1/3 cup of crushed corriander

Cover the turkey breast with the mixture, then wrap and chill overnight. Best to chill in a bowl to catch any drippings.

002-10-1.jpg

Then onto the Memphis Pro with a skillet of beer bread. I brushed the top of the bread with butter and sprinkled with minced onions...
I started with a low smoke then raised the temperature to 325F. Brought the turkey up to an internal temp of 170, then let it rest.
I just rap the top of the bread to see when it is ready (sounds hollow)

Beer bread..mix 3 cups of self rising flour with
1/4 cup of sugar
a bit of salt
and one beer

010-4-1.jpg

I made a smokey cheese disc by shredding some of my favorite cheeses together... let them smoke until melted, then chilled...

017-5-1.jpg

034-3-1.jpg

I split the bread and started with a layer of pastrami, then my smokey cheese disc...

041-6-1.jpg

caramelized onions...

045-2-1.jpg

crisp bacon...

047-4-1.jpg

pretty green stuff to make it look healthy...

052-5-1.jpg

I slathered the lid with a creamy horseradish sauce...

072-2-1.jpg

Best to make this when you have company... lol It makes several servings!

100-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

CarterQ

Dang shouldnt of read that! Sitting at the airport in Orlando waiting for lunch and now I want that! You hit it out of the park every single time!

TentHunter

Superb! I'd been wondering if anyone had tried a pastrami using turkey. This will be worth trying since my wife & daughter both love turkey pastrami.

After looking at this I'm glad I'll be eating soon! :)

Hint: Contest, Contest Contest!!!!

Rip

Jeanie, when I read this post (yesterday) I had to immediately show it to my wife. This started an animated discussion (positive of course) of all things Q.....point is, I was so blown away I forgot to reply. Great cook! Thanks for sharing your creative genius!

jimbo

Wow you did it again. Breakfast time & my mouth is watering looking at this piece of culinary art. Great job.

cowgirl

Thanks so much everyone! :cool:
BP I do make these large sandwiches fairly often... but have learned not to make one unless I have help close by to eat them. One sammie would last me a week! :)

cowgirl

I wasnt being critical...I love it when you cook them!

Heck, I know that Pal! :) You've never been critical with anyone!
Sometimes I like to make these big sandwiches with smoked chuck...they are really tasty. For a quick one I use cold cuts, cheese, tomatoes, onions, lettuce and a vinegar/oil dressing. They are easy to throw together for a group too. Great to take camping or fishing!

Top Bottom