2 star igniter

Mr Hickory

How far should the igniter stick into the firepot? I think I bumped mine when I dumped the fire pot, and of course I didn't look before I pulled the pot.

MAK DADDY

About 1 1/4", your igniter holder is a little different than the 2010 models, slide it back until it stops against the back of the holder as shown below.

DSC_6111.jpg

Last edited:

MAK DADDY

One more tip on this thread, we did have a few grill owners report their grills taking a long time to ignite. After investigation we discovered a possible issue that could cause this. One is the new clips allow better airflow and two the igniter's are heating back about a 1/4" from the original design. We have already corrected this here at the factory.

Long story short for 2 Star #320 to #349 and 1 Star #1 to #26, if you are having any issues igniting pellets make sure your igniter is protruding into the fire pot approx 1 1/4". Simply pull it out to this position if it is not already set there from the factory. it's not a critical dimension you need to measure just approx :)

As always if you have questions just contact us.

Mr Hickory

It's really funny you should mention this because I looked at mine after your post, and when it was against the stop, it was only in the firepot about 3/4 of an inch. It would take a good 30 minutes before the grill would even start to smoke, and that didn't gel with what everybody was saying about how fast these things heat up.

I decided on a little R&D and pulled it out so it is just a little shy of the center of the firepot, and BINGO, that baby heats to over 425 in the same amount of time now.

Thanks for the update.

sparky

i emailed mak daddy last weekend telling him that my mak was having a hard time igniting. the next day he emailed me back and told me how to fix it. ignitor wasn't out far enough. problem fixed. done. no worries mate. mak daddy helped me out. this guy really cares about us (mak owners). i am proud to own a mak grill and never worry about anything because i can call anytime and within 24 hours i get answers. kudos to mak daddy and the mak family. i don't know who is answering you phone up there but a nice lady helped me out today with a few more questions i had. when we were done she told me to call anytime for anything. only one other company has been so good at customer service. BPS. :)

Last edited:

Mr Hickory

i emailed mak daddy last weekend telling him that my mak was having a hard time igniting. the next day he emailed me back and told me how to fix it. ignitor wasn't out far enough. problem fixed. done. no worries mate. mak daddy helped me out. this guy really cares about us (mak owners). i am proud to own a mak grill and never worry about anything because i can call anytime and within 24 hours i get answers. kudos to mak daddy and the mak family. i don't know who is answering you phone up there but a nice lady helped me out today with a few more questions i had. when we were done she told me to call anytime for anything. only one other company has been so good at customer service. BPS. :)

+1. They are great.

MAK DADDY

Thanks guys, we are here to help :)
Sorry for the confusion, sometimes things get past our testing but we will always strive to make it perfect.

Top Bottom