What is your Favorite BBQ Joint?

HoDeDo

Oklahoma Joe's is my favorite local BBQ Joint overall. Smokin' Guns has the best burnt ends in town. Rosedale BBQ for their sauce... it's not like anything else out there. BB's Lawnside BBQ - music and que, who wouldnt like that?

Best BBQ to take your corporate vendor to, Jack Stack BBQ. - More upscale, but still Que.

Big Poppa

Administrator
I ate at the OK Joes in the strip mall and had such high hopes but is was sort of average...I need to try it again when I come back there this summer!

HoDeDo

We'll hit the gas station... I dont know of any BBQ joint that really meets any super high hopes... once you are cooking - what we do to get 6 good pieces... vs. what they do, serving up hundreds of pounds of each meat per day... I dont know how you find one that really knocks your socks off. They seem to be the most consistent, though...and product quality is above most in the area.

Gates has the best ribs in town.... when they actually nail it. A dry slab from gates is heaven... but in recent years, it has been very hit and miss.

Jack stack is always good, but it has more of a "fine dining" atmosphere.... we should hit it too though when you are in, just for comparisons sake.

We could also drive down to spring hill and get some to-go food from Eric W.'s (ribs 4 u) roadside vending rig. Lots of options in KC.
We could hit Famous Daves too ;)

LTS

Best BBQ I have ever had was in ...................................................................My backyard :D

LTS

So Cal Smoker

Have you ever heard of "A Little Knowledge is a dangerous Thing"? Well thats what has happened to me, I've learned just enough, and am learning more all the time about good Q. Unfortunately when I go out to eat Q I can't find any that compares to mine. So we just stay home for good Q.

sparky

i don't go out. to expensive and i cook better bbq at home anyway. not has good as you folks. my family likes me bbqing better since i started pellet grilling.

squirtthecat

Starne's BBQ in Paducah, KY. It's a funky green little building that hasn't changed in 50 years.

I finally got to set foot in it last September.. (only had their pulled pork and sauce when my friend from Paducah would bring some up)

DSC02005.JPG

Lots of hickory piled out back..

DSC02006.JPG

Counter service. You wait your turn for a stool.

20100924125208.jpg

20100924125201.jpg

I should have gotten a closer shot of the menu. (I was getting enough 'who's the Yankee taking pictures' looks as it was) They only sell 4 or 5 things.

The sauce is killer good...

Last edited:

KyNola

Starne's is in my hometown of Paducah KY. I'm dang near 59 years old and that place looks exactly like it did the first time I can remember seeing it. You go in, sit when you can and order a sandwich. You're going to get one question, "no, medium or hot?". She is referring to how much sauce is going to come on it. It will be delivered to you wrapped in wax paper and tossed on the counter in front of you and for God's sake don't ask for silverware! :) You see a plate anywhere in those pics? Been doing it the same way all these years and their sauce is legendary in these parts. Thanks for the shout out STC!

cowgirl

There aren't many Q joints in my area..I think I'm turning into a snob or something, I'd rather stay home.
My favorite would have to be my friend Terry's backyard, or my friend Robert's backyard or my backyard. :D

Jhagedon

Bunkhouse - Clifton, TX

Decisions, decisions, all the time decisions . . . Realizing that I come to the art of smoking late in life and that I haven't yet, nor will I ever, smoke the perfect Brisket, I have to go with the Bunkhouse in Clifton, TX, a stone's throw from Crawford. When it comes to food, I love it all (see attached photo), but there is a special place in my heart for Brisket. If theirs isn't the best I've eaten, it comes dang close.

Of course I've yet to taste the Brisket from any of the fine folk who inhabit this particular venue. :D

Now, back to practicing . . .

Bunkhouse BBQ.jpg

CarterQ

The Smoke Joint in Hanford,CA. Started by a guy and his son. They used to set up the smoker every weekend in the parking lot at the local Lowe's along with the local farmers market during the summer and it was unbelievably good, good enough that he took the plunge and just moved into a permanent site. The food still rocks, hopefully overhead won't kill him and he can keep from cutting corners like so many new restaurants.

SJ.jpg

For the most part though I am a BBQ snob and my patio is consistently my favorite BBQ Joint ;)

Last edited:

jimsbarbecue

Arthur Bryant's. Ate there over ten years ago. At the time I was blown away how good real BBQ was. It was what lead me to where I am today still trying to figure more and better ways to barbecue. There was one place in my town 5 years ago that was run by the Minister of a local church. He came from Texas and knew how to cook on a stick burner. Also made gumbo that was to die for.Unfortunately he was transfered to another church in Texas.

Deb

I haven't found anything good here yet. There is a place about an hour away that I need to check out, it was on Diner Drive in & Dives . There is also a place right above NYC that I want to try. but to continue going to either would mean they were incredible since I'm having fun in my backyard.

Starne's is in my hometown of Paducah KY........... and their sauce is legendary in these parts.
that sauce is awesome, I think it's starting to become legendary in other parts of the US too (thanks KyNola)

Bear

A little place that started out as a bar/pool hall, and has since added 2 dining rooms, called Strawberry's in Holcolm MO. It's about the only place that I will go to eat BBQ that I didn't cook.

Trooper

Arthur Bryant's. Ate there over ten years ago. At the time I was blown away how good real BBQ was.
Allow me to get off track for just a minute.
You might have been "blown away" 10 years ago, my man, but not any more.
I've been around a few forums long enough to know that you know your way around the BBQ scene very well.
Your advice is always - right on the money.
So I'm glad that you ventured into Arthur Bryants back in 2001.
A lot of us had benefited greatly from your efforts.

Top Bottom