Some Birthday Ribs for my Wife.

sparky

Made some B'Day Ribs for my Wife. love ya dear.

here we go.
P2140004.jpg

cooked up the secret b'day sauce on low until all mixed up good.
P2140009.jpg

started #336 to 250º for one hour. just let them go ala natural. after 1 hour started mopping with sauce every 1/2 hour or so.
P2140010.jpg

P2140015.jpg

flipped them once.
P2140019.jpg

toward the end of the cook. which was 4 hours at 250º.
P2140032.jpg

they done.
P2140030.jpg

by far my best ribs to date. wife loved 'em. that's all that mattered today.
P2140037.jpg

happy birthday dear. love ya.

jimsbarbecue

They look good. We need the breakdown of the sauce. I found that the frogmats aren't needed when we do ribs. The actual contact patch is small compared to the size and the excess sauce runs off easy.Plus I don't need to clean the frog mats. We do use a Grill Daddy grill brush after each use and it keeps the grates clean. Not Scooter clean more like Big Poppa clean.

TentHunter

Mmmmmm... Peaches pick up the smoke flavors so well. I love 'em on ribs. Sparky I like that sauce; If I think "honey mustard with some peaches and a splash of Jim Beam", I can actually taste it in my mind.

sparky

BP, she is a saint. can figure out what she's doing with me. i am not saint-like. i am better thanks to her.

jim, i will not be using my fromats for ribs anymore. they are had to clean up. your right, ribs don't need fromats.

TentH, i will try the honey mustard next time.

recipe is lite coating of 3eyz, no mustard on ribs.

sauce>>>whole jar of peach preserves, 1/3 yellow mustard, 1/3 honey, 1/2 cup or less of jim beam (i used more than 1/3 cup < 1/2 cup). cooked on low until mix really good.

250º for entire cook / 4 hours total. one hour no sauce then you sauce them every 30 minutes until done. the best ribs to date for me.

Last edited:

Deb

Nice Sparky! Will you teach my husband how to cook ribs so he can do some that look like that for my b-day?

Deb

If he wanted to learn how to bbq this is where i'd send him. He's happy just eating;)

Sparky's the rib man when the time comes though

sparky

i'm not the rib guy. just havin fun. i do like BB ribs though. their like a canvas to me, i can do anything to them. make them different colors, textures, taste, wet or dry, foiled or not to foil (like shakespeare, (to foil or not to foil) you guys are lucky to have just a witty guy like myself here, lol). i'm just having fun with them. remember when i went on a pork butt feast. time to pick another meat soon. family only says 1 or 2 more weeks of ribs. i'm thinking fish or chicken. i am liking fish. i thinkin i could do some freaky stuff to fish. :cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom