I love the pellet dump door on the MAK 2 Star

ht01us

When I was making my purchase decision between the 1 Star and 2 Star, I made a list of features rating them as "have-to-have" and "like-to-have". The pellet dump door was on the "like-to-have".

Now that I own the 2 Star and have used it a few times, I'm realizing just how valuable the pellet dump door is. I have a cook with apple pellets; next cook, oak: no problem. dump and load. I live on the wet side of Oregon and dump the pellets after every cook. I had thought I could live with hand unloading the pellet hopper on the 1 Star. But in reality, using the door is a HUGE help.

Long story short: if you are on the fence between the 2 grills and you haven't appreciated how useful the pellet dump door is, think again. I strongly encourage you to weight in heavily in your rating.

MAK DADDY

+1 on the dump door. Just kinda wish there was a hook to hold the bucket.
Check out the MAK pellet Bucket, 40lbs and sits right under the dump door :)

MAKPelletBucket40lb.jpg

Mr Hickory

Check out the MAK pellet Bucket, 40lbs and sits right under the dump door :)

MAKPelletBucket40lb.jpg

See, I knew there was a better solution.....now does BP sell these? I will order one with my next pellet order which is coming soon.....after the pork last weekend, the family has started a very large list of requests.

ht01us

See, I knew there was a better solution.....now does BP sell these? I will order one with my next pellet order which is coming soon.....after the pork last weekend, the family has started a very large list of requests.

I'm pretty sure BPS sells them. Try looking under MAK accessories. I had a harder time finding them using the search function (maybe I spelled it wrong)
I think I'll pick one up when I order the Remote Pellet Boss for my birthday next week

Top Bottom