Frogmats

jmeitz

So what does everyone use their frogmats for? I just use mine to keep small items from falling into the grill?

3Bs-Bar-B-Que

bear we have been testing a new mat but right now 550 is the tops for the mats we sell we are low and slow guys lol mike and I at frogmats

3Bs-Bar-B-Que

we use them for ribs and butts and brisket and nuts fish bacon if you can put it on the grill we use it for that
next time try this put the mat down on the grill smoke somthing 300degs or less when the food is done just grab the mat no gloves it will be warm but not burn you easy way to move from grill to finish table or cutting board ect..

3Bs-Bar-B-Que

from the start mike and I started bbq team as bad frog bbq lol mike kinda got burned out but I have been part owner per mike from the start I do lots of internet selling lol radio spots podcast stuff forums ect.

txpgapro

I've fried bacon, smoked salmon, rolled a stuffed loin, grilled stuffed mushrooms.

Last edited:

Pete

I made the mistake of cooking bacon on my frogmats at 450* and promptly started a grease fire which toasted the mat. I learned quickly and haven't toasted my replacement!

I normally use them for fish or to roll up fatties

HOT DOG

I have a 075 with a mat the exact size so I just leave it in place for everything I smoke. Every so often I take it out an wash it off with the garden hose.
mysmiley-2-1.png

3Bs-Bar-B-Que

we tested the mats before selling them for 2 yrs .. on a 075 and did the same thing cut to fit the full length of the grate and just left it in place then we started playing around and cut them to fit the meat we would smoke and we found we could transferrer the meat from pit to cutting board of pan with out gloves and much mess

TentHunter

Frogmats were one of the best things I've ever purchased for grilling/smoking. I use them for lots of things including salmon, fresh skinless turkey sausage, smoking soft cheeses, anything that might fall through the grates.

Last edited:

Pokey

I haven't yet purchased any, but I've been thinking about it. It seems most folks like to get smaller sizes (smaller than the grill area) for use with individual items, rather than just spread one across the grill surface. Is that true? I also wonder how they are to clean.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

TentHunter

...It seems most folks like to get smaller sizes (smaller than the grill area) for use with individual items, rather than just spread one across the grill surface. Is that true? I also wonder how they are to clean...

Frogmats pay for themselves!

You're exactly right. I got the smaller sizes so I can use them individually or put them together for larger items. I can even use them (indirect of course) on the Weber 22" Kettle. You can get either a larger one and cut it yourself or get 3 or 4 of the smaller ones.

As for cleaning, they are easy. Put them in a shallow bath of hot soapy water, hit them with a scrub brush and they clean right up!

They are a CHEAP investment considering the food they save. At $8.99+/lb. there's nothing worse than having an expensive piece of salmon stick to the grate, break and fall into the grill.

Go ahead and order some. You won't regret it!

P.S. Seeing the Frogmats (& FireWire) in action on Youtube is what brought me to BigPoppaSmokers website!​

Top Bottom