Got My Remote Boss Hooked up and a big cook tonight!

Big Poppa

Administrator
Ok I finally hooked up my remote boss and it is cool!

Tonight I have been given orders by the boss to cook for her ladies golf team season ending party. I ma cooking for 24 cougar......I mean lady golfers. I will be cooking three tenderloins and four racks of Berkshire Heritage Frenched Racks of Pork....

News at 11!

KyNola

That Remote Boss is WAY cool! I was finally able to break mine in last weekend. It saved me some distress. For the first time since I have owned my 2 Star(#27), I had a flame out. Was sitting on the couch and looked over and the grill temp was falling like a rock. Was able to take care of it then instead of unhappily discovering it later. It gets a big thumbs up from me.

TTNuge

Especially when it's below freezing! Nothing like just running outside and powering on the MAK, then coming inside where it's warm and setting the temp or programming or what have you. I think I've already used 2 sets of batteries in both the transmitter and receiver this winter and it's worth every one.

ht01us

Uh oh. You can't use the remote boss in the rain? I was getting ready to order one on my birthday; but living in Oregon... maybe not such a great idea

jimsbarbecue

Big Poppa and my MAKs are older ones that use a sending unit plugged into the third temp outlet. Your newer MAK the sending unit is internal on the MAK out of the weather. So it is even better for you.

ht01us

Big Poppa and my MAKs are older ones that use a sending unit plugged into the third temp outlet. Your newer MAK the sending unit is internal on the MAK out of the weather. So it is even better for you.

Phew. I was worrying about how else to spend my birthday cash ;)

Thanks for the info

ht01us

Confused

:confused:

Hmmm. The remote boss I received has a remote sending unit that plugs into the 3rd probe outlet. Did I get the wrong one?

MAK DADDY

No, the sending unit version is all we currently have released. The Plug version Jim is talking about is still in the works, will be way cool though :)

ht01us

No, the sending unit version is all we currently have released. The Plug version Jim is talking about is still in the works, will be way cool though :)

Okay; good to know. I guess my confusion was that there are two different units available on the BPS store; one for older MAK's and one for newer. What's the difference between the two? .Probably some technical internal stuff I don't understand :)

MAK DADDY

LOL, I don't even understand it sometimes :) BP has it right we just haven't caught up to him yet.

Basically we will be able to plug a daughter board Blue Tooth chip (with antenna on it) into the back of your Pellet Boss controller.
This will eliminate the sending unit. There is an extra hole in your grill by the power cord for the antenna to mount to.

There is no difference in functionality.

It looks like this but with a longer Antenna.

P1020232.jpg

Top Bottom