How's Everyobody like theeeir Maverick Et-732?

Big Poppa

Administrator
I have had a love hate with Maverick. WHen the stuff works it is really good but there always was a problem with them usually range and probe durability. Muphys Law said the more important the cook the greater chance that none of your probes would work.

Not so far with the ET-732 Im liking everything about it!. I have run four at a time..OK one complaint I dont use the pit temp one and wish that could monitor two food temps instead.

What are your thoughts?

HoDeDo

Sterling - I think you can monitor two food temps if you just swap probes. I used to do that with the older unit (ET-73) all the time. The only exception is the one they had one thermometer that took a single probe that was a "dual" probe. It used a fat collar on the meat probe to capture pit temp. - That probe didn't work with the ET-73.

I know where you can order another meat probe.... ;)

squirtthecat

The ET-73 probes use a different thermistor than the ET-732 probes. They'll just read HHH if you try to use one. (that's the first thing I did when I opened the box)

I've contacted Maverick directly about buying an extra food probe, but they aren't available yet.

So Cal Smoker

I'm loving the new 732. I can go any were in my house or even out in the front yard and monitor my cook. The numbers are large and easy to read. On Off switch is easy to use, unlike the 73. Like others, I wish I could use two food probes.
Could the ET 732 be the best product of the year???????????????

HoDeDo

Sterling, I didnt mean swapping probes to the old 73 probes, I meant using an additional meat probe, in place of the pit probe.

Squirt - I believe BPS sells the standalone new "high temp" probes. I know there was a thread on it... right sterling?

I thought sure I saw my friend Bob use two food probes on his 732. ( Using two new probes, not the old ET73 probes) and it read fine. I will see him this weekend and get the skinny for you. I know you could do it on the old 73's...

I'm in skunkwerks mode now... so I will find a way to solve the equation :)

Rip

I love my 732! At the moment I'm cooking a Tri Tip (me and probably 10 other forum members this weekend), I've been swapping the bbq and food probes back and forth between the two ports with no problems...next step, order another food probe (ought to have a spare anyway!)

Big Poppa

Administrator
yeah but I was wrong first time in 20 years the super probes are not compatible with the et 732 and maverick hasnt released them as a accessory

HoDeDo

I love my 732! At the moment I'm cooking a Tri Tip (me and probably 10 other forum members this weekend), I've been swapping the bbq and food probes back and forth between the two ports with no problems...next step, order another food probe (ought to have a spare anyway!)

Sounds like once they are out as an accessory, you guys will be all set!!

yeah but I was wrong first time in 20 years the super probes are not compatible with the et 732 and maverick hasnt released them as a accessory

Neh, had to be a typographical error. I 'm sure you werent actually wrong LOL :)

Top Bottom