gooberguy

My name is gooberguy and I am a pellet smoker. I received a Treager Texas for my birthday and I love it. Have cooked a brisket, boston butt, yardbird, and sausage. Everything was great. In the past I have cooked on a stick burner, propane smoker, and electic smoker, but I really like this one.

ht01us

Welcome aboard! Since you've found this forum, I'm sure you've seen how useful it is. Looks like you've done plenty of cooking already. Tell us how you did your brisket!

CarterQ

Welcome aboard gooberguy! Lots of Traeger users here and a great group who loves pellet smoking. Look forward to seeing your cooks!

gooberguy

[QUOTE Tell us how you did your brisket![/QUOTE] I found a Texas rub and mop that I have used for several years. I apply the rub 36-48 hours ahead and put in refrig. I used the smoke setting for 4 hours (pecan pellets) to start with and then turned up to 300 degrees. I applied the mop about every hour and when internal temp reached 170, I foiled and poured the rest of mop in foil. I removed at 205 and let rest for 2 hours wrapped in towels. My better half and my in-laws said my briskets have always been great, but this one was the best.

ITFD#15

Welcome

I have the same grill it has worked well for me.
Lots of great people and even more great food, just look at the contest this week pulled beef with peanut butter... That is out there but man it looks good and I am going to put it on my to-do list.
Welcome to the forum

Top Bottom