How about a challenge?

Big Poppa

Administrator
Have something you are trying to cook and not quite sure? Throw the gauntlet down.

Basically I'll take requests...(not that I'm all that) but it could be fun.

Someone toss something out there!

TTNuge

fish. something with fish.

I just took a wild swing at some Sea Bass last night and according to the family we knocked it out of the park. Never had Sea Bass before, never seen anyone cook it on a pellet grill and could find very little info on it but man it was good.

Got a few pics so I think I'll enter it in the contest just for fun but I would love to know what BP woulda done.

LTS

I agree fish is hard to do in my mind did some cod fillets the other night turned out tough and chewy

LTS

drake

Just in the nick of time, Ive got a turkey breast thawed and am going to cook it on the Mak today. The only problem is I can't decide what to do with it, beer can, smoke low and slow, roast, inject or not. It's tough with all the options and not having done just the breast before.

Big Poppa

Administrator
the breast is easy...just decide what flavor profile you want. Really just cook it like you cook spatchcock chicken take it to 165 and then let it rest for 20 minutes and slice away!

cowgirl

Venison.... haha.. I just had to say that cause I know you don't like venison. lol
Sorry BP, I'm just being ornery. :)

cowgirl

I love iot when you are onery! Cooked on your new Hasty Bake yet?

lol.... I'm ornery pretty often BP, I just try to keep it under control. lol

I put the unit together yesterday... took lots of pictures and spent the rest of the evening admiring it! lol I will get it dirty soon though. Looks amazing!! Thanks again Pal... (HUG). :)

Big Poppa

Administrator
Ok Ill find some duck and some fish this week....I want to use the mak griddle for the duck but mine is at mak getting refinished the guys in the shop thought they were doing me a favor and used oven cleaner on it and stripped the coating off

TentHunter

Ooooh... I bet that duck is going to be a showstopper. We smoked one for Christmas and man was it ever good. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

So Cal Smoker

Hey Sparky, do the fish hot and fast over the flame zone. Olive oil and garlic, salt and pepper. Frogmats over the great, great over the flame zone and fish on the frogmats. Two flat tires and your done.

Top Bottom