Game Hens and Tatoes

cowgirl

I smoked these on my drum so they don't really count! lol

I slathered the game hens in butter and sprinkled with Rooster Booser...

062-1.jpg

063-1.jpg

Sliced some potatoes, filled with bacon, drizzled with olive oil and seasoned with cracked black pepper and kosher salt..
got this idea from smoking friend Chris in Austria.. Barbecue Squad: Beilagen

066-1.jpg

into the smoker at 300..

073-1.jpg

136-1.jpg

162-1.jpg

I liked the sliced tatoes... the bacon adds a nice flavor.

157-1.jpg

160-1.jpg

the hens were nice and moist...

163-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

CarterQ

Wow the hens look perfect and those potatoes are off the chart! Another beautiful cook, thanks for sharing!

Rip

Great stuff Jeanie! The hens look terrific, and you really took bacon 'bits' to a new level!

smoker pete

Scrumptious looking meal Jeanie!! Those Game Hens were cooked to perfection and the taters are killers. Will have to give those a try.

sparky

food looks great as always. heh, did the bacon cook inside of the potatoes. i would like to try that. cool idea.

ACW3

Jeanie,
I love the potatoes. I do a variation (without the bacon) called Hasselback Potatoes. I have, however, used bacon grease instead of the called for butter. I will add this to my to-do-cook list.

Art

cowgirl

Thank you Sparky and Art!

Sparky, the bacon renders into the potato leaving lots of flavor, but it does not get crisp. I jet it and eat the tater. lol I'm not fond of limp bacon.

Art, I like the sound of your bacon drippings.. I will give that a try. Thanks!
Sometimes when camping I insert a sliver of onion in with the bacon, then wrap in foil and bake on the fire.
I don't think you can go wrong when bacon is involved. lol

Top Bottom