Jalapeno Artichoke Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts

Big Poppa

Administrator
Thats a mouthful...and it was

Ok Here is the creative process at work....AHhhh I like this Jalapeno Artichoke dip from Costco....Wonder what it would be like inside a chicken breast? HmmmmI could use toothpicks to hold it together....nahhhh..OK I could actually stitch them up....no too surgical....I could wrap them in the other white meat...(heheh) BACON!!!!!!

I promise I wont wrap anything in bacon again for about 6 weeks...I know I've been on a bacon kick...my wife isnt buying the other white meat thing either as far as bacon goes.

I created a pocket inside the breats by weaving my fingers from the skinny side of the breast...then I stuffed them
P1000499.jpg

Then I wrapped them in the other white meat....and seasoned with Obie Ques Sweet hot (this is a great new rub...has msg though...drag)
P1000500.jpg

P1000501.jpg

Put on the MAK One Star for an hour at 300 on the shelf
P1000502.jpg

Then lowered it for antoher 40 minutes
P1000503.jpg

Then I thought...needs something...Ive forgotten something...cell phone? Is that the phone ringing? NO Wee Willys White sauce!!!! Based the bad boys with it
P1000505.jpg

PUlled it off and devoured them!
P1000506.jpg

CarterQ

Holy Cow BP! That looks killer (and I think my Dr. might say the same :p ) Great idea using the artichoke dip as a stuffing and why waste good toothpicks when bacon is so plentiful. Love the mad genius!

Big Poppa

Administrator
It was crazy with flavor...I didnt lose a lot fo the stuffing but it sort of melted into the chicken add nice flavor would like to have had more stuffing Next time These took 2 hours!

Rip

I've been kicking some chicken stuffing ideas around in my head for a few weeks...this gives me some more to think about...so many things to try, so little time!

Big Poppa

Administrator
THe key with Wee Willys or Big Bob Gibsoms white Sauce is to put in on in the last 20 minutes so it can bake on

Big Poppa

Administrator
I like the BOb Gibsons from a loyalty to dchris and an authentic stanpoint but this wee willys is really a deep and rich sauce and turns a really nice color

Top Bottom