Rubs

jmeitz

So who makes their rubs and who buys them.

I personally use Chris Lilly's recipe and modify it a bit.

sparky

i have spent so much money on rubs the wife is getting mad. trying to find some with no salt (stroke patient).

Bear

I don't make my own, but sometimes I mix and modify.

Rubs: Cookshack Ribrub, 3 Eyz, Plowboys Yardbird, Hasty Bake Greek, Strawberry's, and Montreal Steak seasoning.

MAK DADDY

MAK has a line of rubs that are excellent! I especially like the Chipotle on chicken and pork butts :)
Mesquite and Sweet are great on ribs as well as brisket, the Fish is better on salmon and trout than on white fish (I prefer lemon pepper on that).
Cajun is not hot but has a good flavor, great for shrimp and popcorn!

DSC_4382.jpg

MAK DADDY

I don't make my own, but sometimes I mix and modify.

Rubs: Cookshack Ribrub, 3 Eyz, Plowboys Yardbird, Hasty Bake Greek, Strawberry's, and Montreal Steak seasoning.

I love that montreal steak seasoning too! Costco had some really good steak seasoning but of coarse you never know when they will carry it again..

Big Poppa

Administrator
K like the costco that doesnt have the mesquite....I stay away from all rubs and sauces that add smoke flavor.

I use plowboys yardbird on my ribs and butts, on chicken I use either Hasty Bake greek with lemon Pepper 0or three eyes, on steak I use Lawrys Garlic Pepper and Lawrys seasong salt.

I just got my fir batch of Big Poppa's Rubs Ill show you the prototypes....real fun

Bear

I stay away from all rubs and sauces that add smoke flavor.

Me too. That's what the smoker's for, right?

The Montreal Steak seasoning is great on hamburgers. I never cook a burger without it.

On steaks I usually use Garlic Pepper, and sea salt, after I rub with a little olive oil.

SmokinMAK

My go-to rub these days has been the Bone Suckin Sauce "HOT" RUB. I also use a home-grown recipe that I like.

For a base seasoning I use the Costco salt-free seasoning a lot. Family all love it and it is salt-free for those of us who try to avoid it when we can.

sparky

i got mak chipotle rub and i am cooking chicken for the fam tonight. getting ready for (say it with me) "MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL". ya ya ya. making bp's abt's (on the grill now) then chicken, french bread and my wife bought strawberries from costco. you know what pellet grill desert were making. ya baby, bp's strawberry shortcake. sounds like a great evening with football and my pellet grill and some fat tire.

squirtthecat

I make a clone of the "Salt Lick" rub that I used on larger cuts of meat. It's got a punch, but it mellows out after a long cook.

But I use commercial stuff most of the time..

Big Poppa

Administrator
sparky why didt you use the name Fat Tire on your handle here? I love that shortcake recipe....works better even with peaches

scooter

I make my own rib rub and purchase just about every other rub out there cause I gotta know how mine stacks up... :)

jafrey711

Like to mix and match but Love the Mean Deans Rub Supreme.. Oh and you can't go wrong with Wee Willies Whiskey Pepper.

txpgapro

I use Texas BBQ Rub the most and at all competitions. I use the "Grand Champion" on briskets and "Wild" on ribs, chickens and butts. You can also find in my spice box Butchers BBQ Honey Rub, Ritter's Apple, Peach and Pecan rubs, Bad Bryon's Butt Rub, Grub Rub, and Head Country.

jimsbarbecue

I have too much rub. those I like enough to reorder, 3eyz, MAK sweet rub,Cowtown's All purpose seasoning(One of my top three) Wee Willys

John Henry's "Judy Favorite seasoning" which has no salt, sugar or msg.Use this on some onions your cooking up in a fry pan and you will be sold. The taste won't sell you the finished product will.

Santa Maria seasoning either Firehouse Pete's or Susie Q's

I prefer rubs that come in larger sizes because of the better value.example the 3eyz come in 1 pound bags

I do make some that started out of Wolfe rubs and added a few things

Pete

I'm still new to all of this so I have tried close to a dozen types of rubs and have yet to pick a favorite, although the Hastybake is popular.

Top Bottom