Trouble with my Treager

ITFD#15

So I was all ready to cook up the winner yesterday but was shut down because of tech. difficulty.
Man your all lucky cause I had the winner...
Anyhow cleaned out the bottom with the vac. Put everything back together and started it up, everything good to this point. Looking at the digital temp I see that it still reads 32 which is not not surprising seeing how it is colder than that anyhow.
After the grill starts I close the lid and watch for the temp to rise, surprised that it had not already..
So a long story short it never did, so long as I kept it on smoke the temps indicated on the lid stayed low but once I changed the setting to 180 it would increase to 400 if I let it?
The hole time my temp read 32 and I believe that once I changed the temp it would just keep feeding pellets.
Any ideas?

Rip

Check all connections for the controller and pit probe...then call Traeger, sounds like your controller is toast.

ITFD#15

Still have the old controller that I can install and my Treager guy is just around the corner.
So it should not be that much to get going again.
Wonder what would make it go so fast I have only use it every weekend since I got it.
Thanks for the posts

Nascar6321

Still have the old controller that I can install and my Treager guy is just around the corner.
So it should not be that much to get going again.
Wonder what would make it go so fast I have only use it every weekend since I got it.
Thanks for the posts
mine went to i actually went thru 2 of them

HoDeDo

IT may not be the controller, it may be the thermocouple. IF it is damanged, then the pellets would likely not stop feeding, causing the spike to 400....

On smoke, it does not use the thermocouple, Smoke is a timed setting... so that explains why it still worked on smoke.

ITFD#15

Thanks, I did get it fixed and is now back in operation. They could not explain the malfunction, they could only say that if the grate was against the the thermocouple that it might heat it up and damage it.
Hey, Jim what does it take to change back if i was in a pinch?

firehouse_bbq

Installing the old three stage is simple, just unplug the digital and plug in the old controller. Do not worry about the temp probe. I ALWAYS carry on old three stage with me at comps "just in case"

Top Bottom