Another Pork Butt

CarterQ

Been wanting to play with temps to see if I could get a butt done just a little sooner with no noticeable drop off in quality.

Here we go

Got a 7lb butt

e9c5a3ee.jpg

Used Carolina Treet for the glue and Yardbird for the rub and then into the fridge overnight

4f4f4885.jpg

Onto the smoker running @225 at 7am

a8e465dc.jpg

Ran at 225 until it hit an IT of 145 then went to 275 to finish. Pulled at an IT of 195 at 3:45 PM

79347a0a.jpg

da4a498d.jpg

FTC for a couple of hours and then pulled

164689d7.jpg

Made sammies using fresh Kaiser Rolls (I know the BBQ gods are cringing) and pork topped with 17th Street spicy sauce and Big Bob Gibson's BBQ Slaw.

c73a83d6.jpg

Running at a little higher temp shaved off some time and I didn't see any difference in the pork. Running at 275 the MAK was still producing quite a bit of smoke so the next go round I am going to run at 275 the entire cook and see how that works as I don't think it will affect the bark and smoke flavor.

CarterQ

Nice always a winner....not try it with Andys Marinade/injection

It's on the shopping list.................

Glad to see it worked! :)

How much time do you estimate it shaved off?

I would say a couple of hours

Nice... Did you use the pellet boss to program the cook?

Yes the pellet boss did all the work, 225 to an IT of 145, 275 to an an IT of 195, and then back down to 200 just in case I wasn't there to pull it off when it hit 195. Was great- I threw it on in the morning, took the kids to the Zoo, ran some errands, did some yard work. FTC. Played fetch with the dogs and the kids, pulled the pork and ate dinner at 6. The Pellet Boss is awesome!

Last edited:

CarterQ

Leftover Pork Tostadas

Best part about pulled pork is all the possibilities with the leftovers. Did Pork Tostadas tonight.

Here we go

Warmed up the pork with a little chicken broth, cumin, chili powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper

e2bc219a.jpg

Put the pork on a tostada and topped with Black Beans, shredded Lettuce, jack cheese, sour cream, Pico de Gallo, lime juice and a Modelo for garnish :cool:

367fd890.jpg

1b7053fc.jpg

Simple goodness baby!

Big Poppa

Administrator
I did Pulled Pork Enchiladas and didnt take pics my bad...a lottle dollop of Guac and Sourcrem..By the time I went for the camera they were gone. SHoot! I guess I have to cook another butt! AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Top Bottom