Hawaiian Fattie & Smoked Pineapple Slaw

TentHunter

I'd been looking for something a little different. With Sparky reminiscing of Hawaii recently, it hit me - I love Hawaiian pizza. The flavor combo of ham, bacon & pineapple just works, so why not stuff those flavors into a fattie?

So this one's for Sparky :cool:!

Hawaiian Fattie

I flattened 2 lbs. homemade breakfast sausage, layered on cream cheese, cooked ham, chopped pineapple, rolled that into a log & wrapped in a low sodium bacon weave.
HF01.JPG

My son got the grill ready. We put the fattie on with a pouch of Sugar Maple pellets & smoked it at about 350° to an I.T. of 165°.
HF02.JPG

Smoked Pineapple Slaw

We made some Big Poppa inspired pineapple slaw. Only this time I thought I'd try chunks of smoked pineapple. I was not disappointed - it was good!

I love my Fire Wire skewers! :)
HF03.JPG

Dressing = homemade mayo, a little mustard, sugar, vinegar, pineapple juice & a splash of soy sauce.
HF04.JPG

HF05.JPG

How could I not use toasted King's Hawaiian Rolls for this ;)?
HF06.JPG

The Sugar Maple gave a very nice light, slightly sweet smoke that accented the pineapple & pork well.

Thanks again for looking!

ACW3

TH,
What kind of an encore will you make when you get your pellet grill? You are cranking out some amazing food. Keep up the good work.

Art
Note to self: Make a Hawaiian Fattie, soon!

Top Bottom