Smoked Chuck meets PF Changs peanut beef

FLBentRider

Oriental-inspired pulled beef
This was something that just kind of popped into my head. I am going for the "peanut beef" kinda flavor, but mixing in some smoke flavors as well. This is definitely a keeper in my book.
Chuck Roast
DSC_00502Medium.jpg

Supporting cast
DSC_00492Medium.jpg

1 Layer of PB (skip the J this time)
DSC_00522Medium.jpg

Add five-spice powder
DSC_00533Medium.jpg

On to the MAK - Pellet boss programmed for 5 hours on SMOKE then 215 until whenever.
DSC_00542Medium.jpg

Overnight - Then boated with a bottle of Teriyaki
DSC_00503Medium.jpg

Done
DSC_00513Medium.jpg

pulled - pan drippings mixed in
DSC_00562Medium.jpg

FLBentRider

The peanut butter and five spice were in the background, the teriyaki is in the foreground. Next time I will use 1/2 beef broth and 1/2 teriyaki.

CarterQ

Great idea, love the Asian twist on a smoked chuck, bet that would make a great filling for egg rolls or pot stickers

sparky

got a idea! light bulb went off. note to self: write down you recipe now before you forget it moron. done. ty. lets the games began.

FLBentRider

Another twist might be to use crunchy peanut butter (all we had was the kids creamy stuff) - that would leave more of the peanuts whole and probably bring more peanut flavor to the party.

Rip

Great stuff FLB! I did something similar (back in my gasser days) with chicken and peanut butter...I used to put the rub on before the PB..don't know if that made a difference or not..it made such a mess on the grill I only made it a few times! Like Sparky, I think there's a lot of seeds here for experimentation.

Top Bottom