Thanks to all of you

kentucky smoke

I just wanted to thanks everyone who posts on this forum. I got my first smoker a little over one year ago. I was a “rookie” in the true sense of the word. I knew nothing about pellet smoking. I was a horrible “grill guy”

Everyday I get on this site and read and learn and see all the great things y’all are smoking. Great questions, Great answers. Great pictures, Great recipes

This past weekend, I smoked for 30 people. A weekend retreat to a nearby lake house for a “wine club” meeting. I made, New York strips, Spatchcock chicken, pulled pork, beef brisket, ribs, scallop potatoes, salmon, and kabobs….

THEN to top it all off, I brought out the pineapple upside down cake and caramel apple dumplings alamode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All of this was done with your help. I’m not sure how it feels to be a rock star, but everyone was going crazy about how good everything was…

The other night, my wife even asked me to smoke something for her monthly book club.

Pulled pork tacos with apple dumplings for desert. Now I’m even a hero in her book.

It’s amazing today, what I can do with my MAK.

KyNola

From one smoker in Kentucky to another, congrats my friend. Sounds like you knocked it out of the park!

TentHunter

Congrats on your first BBQ gig. That was a lot of food to smoke up and I bet you were a rock star in their eyes. You probably inspired a few people yourself :)!

Got any pics?

Big Poppa

Administrator
Kysmoke has two MAKS. A one star and a two star. He swore when he got his Mak that he wouldn't be any good at it and he is fantastic

scooter

Hey KS that's great to hear! A picture is worth 1K words so take them and show us please. The General makes it easy for us to be rock stars! :)

sparky

KS, good job and pleasing the wife. how do you like the 1 star partner? heh, pls post recipes on the the desserts. i love dessert.

Top Bottom