MAK GRILLS, Business of the year!

MAK DADDY

DSC_6126.jpg

I know it's a small town but we are very honored by the award!

DALLAS -- Another year has come to a close and it was not an easy one for Dallas. A lingering economic slump impacted every part of the city in 2010, from city government to schools to businesses.

However, there were bright spots aplenty in Dallas in 2010.

The 54th Dallas Community Awards, hosted by the Dallas Area Chamber of Commerce at BeckenRidge Vineyard and Events Center on Friday, Jan. 21, recognized those individuals, businesses and organizations that continued to put community first.

Sometimes if you want something done, you have to do it yourself. That was the case for the 2010 business of the year, MAK Grills.

Owners Bob and Kerrie Tucker wanted to buy a backyard grill, but couldn't find one that met all their standards. Owners of MAK Metals, the Tuckers decided to use their expertise to make the grills themselves.

"Started in the heart of the recession in 2009, this business managed to thrive," said presenter Susan Morrill, the manager of Citizens Bank.

Bob Tucker said when they were launching the business that year, he suspected more than a few eyebrows were raised about the timing.

"In the midst of hard times ... they probably thought we were crazy," he said. "I'm proud to say that we are proving them wrong."

sparky

congrats to bob and kerrie. you make a great product with alot of thought into it. well done my friends. by the way, i love my #336. :cool:

KyNola

WOW! Congratulations to Bob, Kerrie, Bruce and all the good folks at MAK Grills and MAK Metals! Well deserved.

MAK 2 Star #27 keeps on performing flawlessly.

So Cal Smoker

Great product but more important is when doing business with MAK GRILLS it's like doing business with family, your important, you matter, your the one that counts and what ever it takes, you will be happy. Thanks Bob & Kerrie.

CarterQ

Great things happen to good people. You, Kerrie and your company are a shining example of that. Keep up the good work.

MAK DADDY

Thanks everyone, you made it possible! We really do appreciate all of our grill owners and their continued support of MAK!

Top Bottom