brisket choices

jmeitz

So, listening to the radio the other day and they were talking briskets on a bbq show and said that you cannot tell a difference from a Sam's brisket vs. a wagu? one. Is that true cause you see on BBQ pitmaster season 1 guys going out and getting the good stuff vs. using the every day choice from sams or the local butcher.

Sterling, figure you would have some input on this since you deal with the steaks. i hear on steaks you can tell a huge diffence just stuff thats low and slow you cannot as much.

TentHunter

I've never cooked a Wagyu brisket, so I wouldn't know. But, judging by the pics of a Wagyu briskets I've seen, there's a huge difference in marbling.

TrickyDick

I do NOT have an answer, BUT...

Myron in his book says he cooks at 350 I think for brisket. That's HOT, not slow. In the TV show, he says he cooks Hot and fast for this brisket and always uses the wagyu. He says $30 difference on one show. I got a full brisket recently from local butcher, and it was like 13 ish pounds and like $56. (is that a rip off?). Other shops uncle SAMS club say they are trimmed or have part of the point trimmed or are only the flat.

Anyway, I wonder if Myrons 350 cooking temp and shortened time for cooking compared to a 225-250 slow smoke leads to a noticeable difference in product between a regular and a wagyu.

Sounds like a test is in order! Similar prepared briskets identically cooked at low temp and a second pair at higher temps with one wagyu and one Costco/SAMs club in each group!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5hwyzp

jimsbarbecue

I have cooked all grades. Let's just say I ordered a Strube wagyu brisket from Big Poppas Meat Locker for Easter dinner.

Top Bottom