Red is here....

Red

Big Poppa, I like how you set the format of this thread up, like we are at an aa meeting... In reality I guess it is spot on, because once you use a pellet smoker you are addicted to it.

Anyway, my name is Jody I am the fourth and final member of the Big Poppa Smokers competition team. Looks like I am the last one of us to post here on the forum. It is a great format and I am excited about learning and sharing my knowledge on this site.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Jody is the celebrity pit master from the show pit masters. He is being shy. Maybe it was his 21st place ribs. Hahahaha

Red

Wow. That hurts BP. If you are going to mention the 21st place ribs you could at least say something about the 3rd place pork, 8th place chicken, or 9th place Brisket... and I don't know about you but those ribs were way better than 21st. Yes we had some good competition, but I was pretty sure they would be top 10. We will try the ribs with Big Poppas special sauce blend this coming weekend in Queen Creek Arizona. It worked on the Pork so I am sure it will be great on the ribs. Jody

Red

Yeah. We had a really good time though, and would do it again in a minute. It was a great experience.

The new format was fun. I can't imagine dealing with all of that while trying to cook at a true KCBS competition!

Red

The alligator was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Even the stuff that ended up on the ground, er I mean the judges plates, or was that on the ground first I forget.... I guess if the cameras weren't around to catch it then it never happened.
That alligator hash was amazing. To bad it didn't get any air time.

Anyway here is a copy of our audition video. Enjoy it, was a ton of fun to make. All done in house by one of our great Ernie Ball employees.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BowDZZ6Sx-8

jimsbarbecue

Honestly Red those ribs I would love to be able to duplicate when I cooked for guests. Maybe the judges ate so many salty hammy ribs they thought that was the new standard. changing the sauce would be the only thing I would gamble with. They were spot on.

Top Bottom