Hey BP! Guess who is cooking for one of your friends!!!

KimG SOW

Joe Bonamassa will be in town (KC) tomorrow for his concert. We are cooking them lunch and dinner. We just found out today, so menu is still being thrown together and things being bought.

We should have prep pictures for you tonight. :)

First thing I am doing is making my German Sweet Slaw.

HoDeDo

BP - Roy and talked a month ago, and were waiting on the venue to approve the outside stuff coming in. They got back to Warren yesterday and called me this morning. Worked out great.

Jeanie, Kim and I already had 7th row tix :) We were going to the concert anyway, I'm just glad they liked our food enough to allow us to provide thier food while they are in town. It's an honor. I have all the respect in the world for his musicianship, and I know I have posted somewhere before, that he was always the guy to stay and talk after a gig, to fans that were hanging around, etc.... Then to see his involvement with Sterling in the CLB Foundation, and how genuinely excited he was to hear Casey play during sound check... Well... he's well beyond the great guy I already thought he was. Joe Bonamassa has my vote anytime. I havent missed a KC area show in years... now I will go out of my way not to.

Simple BBQ for the meals:
Lunch: pulled pork sandwiches, German slaw (great on the sandwiches), Jalapeño Kettle Chips, BBQ Beans
Dinner:
Spring Mix Salad
Brisket / Burnt Ends
Spare / Babyback Ribs
Marinated Portabello Caps
Vegetable Kabobs
Vegetarian Beans
Bacon fried Greenbeans
HoDeDo Potatoes

cowgirl

Kim and Andy, I wish I were there. lol
I've been a big fan of his since I saw the video of him playing guitar at 12yrs old...
From what you and BP have said, I'm sure Joe is a great person, on and off the stage.:cool:

Have fun and take pics for me!

BP, someday I'm gonna take you up on that offer.. Thanks Pal. :cool:

Top Bottom