Gluten Free options?

TTNuge

Anyone out there gluten free? MY wife has battled stomach/digestive issues in the past and there has been several times where she has gone gluten free to get some relief. The past year or so has been pretty good but lately she hasn't been feeling as well as normal and is thinking about cutting out the gluten again. Before when she's done this I didn't have the MAK so it wasn't as big of a deal, now she is dreading the idea of missing out on the BBQ goodness. I know I have seen several rubs and sauces out there being advertised as gluten free. Has anyone used any of these? How did they taste? Any tips or leads would be much appreciated.

Trent

Deb

Trent,

There are products out there, I read labels because of a couple food allergies(not gluten). I'm going to be buying an assortment of sauces & rubs in the near future to try out. I'll let you know what I find that will work for you.

OT from BBQ but I was at King Arthur Flour today and they have a good size gluten free line of mixes and flour alternatives for baking.

Also, don't know if your wife bakes but I saw recently that Peter Reinhart (Bread Bakers Apprentice and several other baking books) will be doing a gluten free cookbook and will be looking for recipe testers.

Deb

Top Bottom