Deep Dish Pizza

Deb

Deep Dish Pizza

Dough, then mozz cheese, then homemade sausage (italian on left & chicken/basil/tomato on right), then sauce

25d82dc9.jpg

parm cheese on top

9fde6471.jpg

to the pellet grill

f1020d6c.jpg

finished (missed a cut piece)

2ff390b8.jpg

Deb

Sorry Rip, I forgot about this. Things are kind of crazy right now. I'll try to do this weekend, if I forget remind me.

pcacman

Hey Deb, what temp and how long did you smoke it
I've got to try this very soon, our mouths are watering
where you get those pans?

Jessie

Deb,

I can't look at your posts here in the office, I get too hungry and lunch is still a few hours away!

Deb

Sorry, I have been crazy lately, I meant to update this awhile ago. I was going to update with more than a link but until things slow down a little I"ll just post a link to the recipe that I used. I will do again and add more pics when life gets back to normal.

The pans I used were just 6" cake pans that I bought at a restaurant supply store - no special pizza pans. I know in the pizza forums there is talk that you can't use light colored pans for pizza - that it won't brown but I have not had any problems with them. You can certainly use larger pans but I like the little ones so that I can make personalized ones.

Malnati Deep Dish with Semolina

That link calls for KAOAP flour and semolina -- I think the KAOAP must be King Arthur Organic All Purpose flour.... you could use all purpose flour and semolina - semolina can be found in the grocery section - if it's not in the baking aisle then look at the health food section as they sometimes have Bob Red Mill flours & grains hidden there. Or sometimes you can find a pasta blend of flour and semolina. I used King Arthur Flour perfect pizza blend which is a blend of flours & semolina. You could also just use all purpose flour for it, I think I would reduce the water slighly to start and add more if needed, the semolina is harder so I believe it would absorb more water.

the recipe calls for 450degrees for 22 - 25 minutes, my traeger rarely gets that high so I'm sure I did closer to 400 for a little longer .

Last edited:

RGrunz

That really looks delicious... I am new Traeger owner and I am going to cook a thin crust pizza using my pizza stone... I might do a side deep dish like yours to just to learn more about the process... Thanks for the idea

Zephyr

I love deep dish pizza and those are just the right size. I wonder if plain rings would work on top of a pizza stone. My stone is 19 inches. Man those look good! I mean woman those look good! :p :p

ZEP

Top Bottom