New Mak 2 star general

malawoo

Just picked up my new Mak Today I am proud owner of #345 I'll send some picturs out soon. Put together today will season in tomorrow. Thank You all

KyNola

Congrats on your recent purchase. You're going to love your MAK and the company's customer service.

MAK DADDY

Congrats and welcome to the growing MAK family!
I graduated from Lebanon High School, my parents live in Sweet Home now.

sptrainnut

I'm very seriously considering the MAK 2 star, if you don't mind my asking, what were your determining factors that you used to decide to purchase this particular grill, and since I'm totally new to pellet smoking, what do you mean you will season it?

malawoo

Well I have cooked a full meal on it now,made jerky,smoked some cheese now, even brownies. I just love it now and has exceded my expectations completely. As why I decided to go with the mak was all the great features of searing ,new things coming out for it and the pellet boss is awesome. The pellet dump door and sometimes you think you might not use the side smoker-warmer but it has so many features you can use it for and I will use it alot. and finally it is built with pride and expertise and American made. And it doesn't hurt that it is made in Oregon. I could go on but if you have the money it is the way to go.Thank You all and having fun on this forum. I did check out every option of pellet grills out there. Thank You All.

Big Poppa

Administrator
I think that a big key is that Bob is bringing our more accessories and constantly making upgrades that are retrofittable. Tonight Im going to use my griddle...tomorrow I may use the searing grate....saturday I may cold amoke...Its all doable with the MAK

Rip

what do you mean you will season it?

Typically the manufacturer will recommend before your first cook you run the smoker at high temp for a period of time to season it, this burns off any oils, etc leftover from the manufacturing. Your owners manual will give specific details.

sptrainnut

Guys, thank you so much for your honest answers. My mind is made up and I will be ordering from Big Poppa's in the very near future. I plan on ordering the MAk 2 star package that he offers. I'm chomping at the bit to get my hands on one and can't wait till I can order it and it arrives. Thanks again for your help.

J in El Paso

Mr Hickory

Yes, Mak pack from BP is the best way to start. It's what I did just a month ago, and been smoking out the neighbors since. Can't go wrong. Having MAK DADDY here to answer questions is handy too. Very quick to respond.

Top Bottom