New stuff, great service, and good grub!!!!

Fireman

Well it's only been a couple of weeks since falling in the pellet smoking universe and so far it's been soooo much fun. I just received my Maverick wireless temp gizmo (works great), I also just received my Grill Grates from BPS which provided excellent customer service and soon will get my Frogmats. So yesterday, since it wasn't raining I rubbed up some pork chops, fired up the Traeger to high with the new Grill Grates inside and 15 minutes later put the chops on and 4 minutes on each side, I had nice grill marks and perfectly juicy chops. My wife who rearly eats pork chops wanted seconds! So far I have done ribs, chicken, brisket, steaks, and turkey breasts. The chicken is the best chicken I've had, the ribs were fall off the bone juicy and tender, the steaks excellent but the turkey breasts I cooked too long and they were very dry, my fault because I did not use the thermometer. The more I use this thing the more I love it. There is a learning curve to smoking but trial and error leads to great tasting results. Next time I will post some pictures.

I ended up installing a dedicated 110V exterior plug and a halogen light just for the smoker. I can post pictures of that as well if anyone is interested. Love the forum and keep up the good work!

Rip

Hey Fireman, great to hear you are diving right in! I'm looking forward to you posting pics of your cooks.

rbaggett

Good stuff. You now have the sickness and it will only get worse. Since you are a neighbor, stop by and visit us at Alpha Omega in Rutherford. We'll smoke something for you.

Top Bottom