first full grate smoke

Mr Hickory

Going big this weekend....a pork shoulder AND pork spare ribs at the same time. Ribs obviously going on much later than the shoulder, but this should be interesting. Mapped out the smoker for space, and I must admit you can get a lot more stuff in a MAK than I thought. The MAK rib rack fits in there and leaves room for TWO shoulders. I really couldn't believe it.

Either way, I am still going to order up that upper half rack. My smoking sessions keep getting bigger and bigger since I got this thing, yet I NEVER have any leftovers.:cool:

squirtthecat

Oh yeah, that upper 1/2 rack is da bomb... Gives you huge flexibility in meat placement. You can slide it all the way in the back for skinny things, or right smack in the middle of the pit for some big ole butts.

Mr Hickory

Will be taking pics for sure, and I ordered the 1/2 rack and good load of pellets about an hour ago since I am burning through these things as fast as gasoline.

Mr Hickory

Everything cooked out PERFECT. The pellet boss is the best cooking tool I have ever seen since the instant read thermometer. Once again my guests devoured everything that came off the smoker. The smoke ring on the ribs was amazing, and the pork shoulder was so tender everybody wanted more. I would post pics, but everything is gone.

Thanks MAK for making a total beginner look like a pro.

Deb

Congrats Mr. Hickory. You have to train your guests - pics first then they can eat. They will look at you funny at first but they'll get over it.

Rip

Deb is right. My family now ask " Did you get the pictures?" Before they eat.

Amen! Did a couple of Tri Tips last night, my wife wants to know why I'm not taking pics...I told her there were plenty on Trips in last weeks contest and that I had entered Tri Tips the contest before that...she says, "you should still take pics"! :D

MAK DADDY

Everything cooked out PERFECT. The pellet boss is the best cooking tool I have ever seen since the instant read thermometer. Once again my guests devoured everything that came off the smoker. The smoke ring on the ribs was amazing, and the pork shoulder was so tender everybody wanted more. I would post pics, but everything is gone.

Thanks MAK for making a total beginner look like a pro.

You are very welcome, thank you for believing in us!
That is one of the reasons we won the Vesta Award for innovation, the judges were blown away by all the little things we designed into making the grill so easy to use (even things you don't know about) :)

Top Bottom