Smoked Fish Tacos and Sopes

cowgirl

Just some quick fix smoked tacos and a few sopes..

I smoked some cod filets in the Memphis Pro...sprinkled with lemon pepper and dotted with butter.

001-4-1.jpg

heated my tortillas..

011-9-1.jpg

made some chipotle slaw
Mix 1/2 cup of mayo
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped (you can use more)
some chopped onion
salt to taste
a squeeze of lime juice
and 1 bag of pre-shredded cabbage
chill while smoking the fish.

This time I used chipotle sauce in place of the peppers in adobo.

005-8-1.jpg

The smoked codfish taco topped with chipotle slaw, fresh pico and a squeeze of lime...

042-4-1.jpg

I could only eat one taco.. so the next day I topped some sopes with the smoked cod.

fried the sopes...

005-9-1.jpg

topped with black beans..
008-8-1.jpg

added the smoked cod, pico, a dab of sour cream and drizzled with chili lime cholula...

023-4-1.jpg

I couldn't decide which meal I liked better.. I just love smoked cod!

Thanks for looking!

sparky

wow. how fantastic is that wonderful food. your a genius. you should open a restaurant. really. the food you are making is like nothing i have every seen. i so wish i lived next door. :)

TentHunter

Mmmm... smoked Cod.

The tacos look great but the sopes look better....

wait... no, the tacos look better...

oh, I'll take 10 of each please!

CarterQ

Another beautiful cook Jeanie. Nothing better than fresh smoked fish tacos and those look great, love the sopes too, thanks for sharing!

383inTheD

So here's my take on a favorite way to do fish taco's.

Start with your favorite fish and marinade. I like the subtlety of this Newman's marinade. I let it bathe overnight in the lime vinaigrette dressing. This photo is just out of the bath before onto the MAK.

View attachment 430

Meanwhile I prepared a number of accoutrements to join the fish. I mixed up some fresh guacamole, slaw, and salsa. For this dish, the slaw is a lime and canola oil dressing. It keeps it light and the crunch melds well with the fish. The salsa is a mango-habanero style.

View attachment 434

Here's the fish when it came off the MAK. I used a Pecan pellet as I thought the lightness of this pellet type would not be overbearing for the marinade. This had good flavor in that you were able to get a little taste of everything - fish, marinade, and smoke.

View attachment 435

I start by using the guacamole as "glue" to hold things in place. Place some fish on top.

View attachment 431

Then I add some of the slaw... And top it off with the Mango-Habanero salsa. Yum!!

View attachment 432

This was my fish cooking adventure with the new MAK and I am happy with the results.

Top Bottom