Calling Jimsbarbecue...

Red

Jim - I wanted to talk to you a little more about the baffle plate you designed for your MAK. It sounds perfect for our competition chicken. Do you have any pictures of the baffle in place on the MAK?

When you were explaining it I was a little preoccupied with preparing for the Trigg class, but I would love to pick your brain a little if you have a minute.

jimsbarbecue

I left a baffle plate for the two star with Big Poppa. If you measure the drip pan on the one star I will make you one and ship it to the factory. We have a metal yard to the stars I am at weekly so picking one up is easy. The Two star ones were the proper size that is how much selection they have. My idea was for ribs because the pan radiates heat and ribs on the lower rack cook faster or would burn high sugar content. The baffle solved that. I have run the pit with the baffle in place at 400 doing chicken.
The one I left could be trimmed with a jigsaw if needed to MAKe fit the one star.

1186981150_38sYj-M.jpg

Red

Thanks Jim. I will get with Joe and check it out. We have a fairly decent pile of aluminum scrap here at the plant so I would bet we have the material already on hand. I will do a test cook early next week and let you know the results. Thanks for the help. See you next week.

HoDeDo

Ouch, man... E Tu, Brute! I figured Brad would have piled on by now too... The Genius Slob. Tough to be you Red LOL

Top Bottom