The first Strube Beef is available at Big Poppa Smokers.com

Big Poppa

Administrator
There is a guy on the Brethren that is upset that our briskets are 5.50 more than Snake River Farms. Snake River is good stuff but they represent many ranchers...Strube is single ranch and the same every time.

jafrey711

After trying Srube Beef it is all I crave. An order will be coming from me soon. It just makes sense to buy in bulk.

HoDeDo

There is a guy on the Brethren that is upset that our briskets are 5.50 more than Snake River Farms. Snake River is good stuff but they represent many ranchers...Strube is single ranch and the same every time.
The single ranch is what makes Strube such an appealing option... if you are looking for consistency and that level of quality. It is a known entity, and one less variable. I know Lotta Bull has been crushing it with them.

I know their strips are beyond reproach. That dinner at Scottsdale was incredible. even better the next day in those tater shells!!!

jafrey711

The thing about Snake River Farm is that you are paying for a size range where at BPS you get True Pricing . Basically you pay by the pound. At least that is what I have seen at when I have been on Snake Rivers Site and from talking to their reps.

Big Poppa

Administrator
on the brethren Finney is wondering why he can ship a 400 lb cooker for $140 I had to remind him that he wasnt overnighting a cooker...Andy there are a few there that are struggling with it.....help1

Big Poppa

Administrator
Like jaffrey said we charge you by the pound the quoted price of $96 is what we authorize your card until the shipment is weighed then we actually charge you for the true cost....lets lay its 14 pounds...then you would be charged $84 plus shipping. If you bought 4 at a time your cost is $79.80 plus shipping

squirtthecat

So 6 bucks a pound? Doesn't sound all that bad... I see trimmed choice flats at Schnuck's (grocery chain based in St Louis) that are $5.15/lb - and Wagyu they ain't!

Last edited:

jafrey711

Okay so I have been doing the math. And this is what I have came to. So I pay like 7 to 8 dollars a piece for 2 steaks for my lady and I. They really are not that great but we make do. So why not spend a few bucks more and a have a freezer full of Strube Steaks and know that I will have a good supply of thick cut steaks for awhile. Compare that to a steak house that won't cook it near as good as a seasoned smoker while they charge us thirty bucks a plate. This is going to be awesome.

squirtthecat

Next time I need a brisket I'm on this like a dog on a pork chop!

Ditto. We're having a 50th wedding anniversary bash for my parents this summer. My brother and family are flying in from OC (it is their 25th anniversary). This might be a great excuse for some Wagyu goodness.

CarterQ

Can't wait for it in steak form! Jafrey hit the nail on the head, how many times has everyone been bit by crappy meat that you paid a premium for at the local supermarket or fine dining establishment. I'll pay a little more knowing that it will be great every time out.

Top Bottom