Little Help

CarterQ

Was talking to the wife this evening and I mentioned that the Big Poppa meat locker was up and running. She gave me a funny look and asked me "are you nuts?, have you looked in the garage freezer? The last thing you need is more meat!"

So I decided to go through and take stock. I have to admit I am a meat hoarder, I seem to buy it faster than I cook it! I am always picking up stuff on sale, on a whim, etc. We have a nice supply of ribs, chicken, turkey, tri tips. One thing I found was this:

c68bd638.jpg

Not sure why I bought it, there was a good reason I'm sure. Would like to cook it but not sure the best route to go. It has a pop up timer and instructions but that would be my last resort :p

d481f3e1.jpg

So any tips would be appreciated, Low and Slow, Roast on high heat, a combo of low and high, Braise it? Gotta cook it, it's the first step in getting the freezer meat monkey off my back.

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Administrator
I would cook it like I would cook pork shoulder that I intended on slicing...cook to 170-180 I would cook in a liquid and foil the pan and roast at about 145.....You could combine the steakhouse mushroom recipe.....cook it low and slow though

CarterQ

Thanks I was kind of thinking along the same lines cooking in liquid with vegetables but the mushroom idea sounds great.

Any other ideas?

scooter

I would do it like my mother's lamb. The night before rub with vinegar then using a knife cut some slits in the meat and stuff with slices of garlic. Add some salt and pepper then smoke it on the upper shelf over a pan with some onions, celery and carrots at 250 using apple wood until it reaches IT of about 155-160. Make a gravy from the pan drippings.

Top Bottom